Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tunner and i seem to be at odds with whats going on with my car. 1st tune made great power and was is very safe (he says) but idle was high at 1200 and driveability (freeway driving 9-10.1 fat right) was not that great.

2nd tune he got the idle down where it should be but my AF is right around 20.1 and the car shakes bad like i got a big a$$ cam in the car and then it dies sometimes.(way to lean i think).

Hes thinks its the mass air (the pro-m that on3 sells with there kit) and he want to use a lighting unit and the mafia extention. i guess my question is,is anyone else having problems tunning there car with this set up?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a simalar problem with mine. Not enough voltage at idle. was only getting .2 also. Fuel maps can read below a .5 I believe. mass air might be slightly to large for stock. Im not sure how he got around it but it took some time on his part, and I still have the same meter. He might have increased the idle speed to get the volts up if that makes any sense. Sorry no help here but he did make it work somehow.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I dont think the LMAF is the best choice for a turbo setup. IIRC they are designed to be sucked throught and that will make it a pain to set up your BOV. and i think if you turn the boost up you will peg a LMAF.

Whats your tuner using to tune, is he inputing the proper flow curve for the MAF and injector flow rates into the ECU?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dont think the LMAF is the best choice for a turbo setup. IIRC they are designed to be sucked throught and that will make it a pain to set up your BOV. and i think if you turn the boost up you will peg a LMAF.

Whats your tuner using to tune, is he inputing the proper flow curve for the MAF and injector flow rates into the ECU?
He can use a lightning maf in blow-thru, I know of TT cobra that runs low tens doing it. He just needs a MAFia and he should be good. The tuner should be able to work with the MAF you have however.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Have you tried clocking the MAF to see if it changes the voltage it sees at idle ? What is he using to datalog the MAF voltage ?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Ford Fuel Injection » Mass Air Flow Sensor

do you have any bends less then 6in before or after the maf ??

I have has zero issues with my PMAS maf. I bought it from PMAS calibrated to the bends in my cold side... I thought it was a issue at one time but they cleaned/inspected it for free. turns out it was not my issue..

Mine is the 42# cal.. if ya like I can check the voltage on mine at idle.. I still have the break out box/DMM in the passenger seat lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford Fuel Injection » Mass Air Flow Sensor

do you have any bends less then 6in before or after the maf ??

I have has zero issues with my PMAS maf. I bought it from PMAS calibrated to the bends in my cold side... I thought it was a issue at one time but they cleaned/inspected it for free. turns out it was not my issue..

Mine is the 42# cal.. if ya like I can check the voltage on mine at idle.. I still have the break out box/DMM in the passenger seat lol
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've seen people use these in the past.

Link-----> IST Products

1 - 18 of 18 Posts