Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a t-5 in my car but I'm trading a friend for a c4 what all will I need to complete the swap?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Same crossmember (though you probably will have to grind off the tack welds to slide it forwards to connect to the c4 since its shorted)

DS will work fine. Like i said the c4 is a shorter trans. So you will get slightly less engagement on the slip yoke going int he trans and they make a DS spacer if you want to buy it, but IMO there is still plenty of engagement so i didnt even bother.

You will find the c4 will bolt right into place of the t5, the critical part is you need to make sure you match your flexplate, bell housing and converter.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same crossmember (though you probably will have to grind off the tack welds to slide it forwards to connect to the c4 since its shorted)

DS will work fine. Like i said the c4 is a shorter trans. So you will get slightly less engagement on the slip yoke going int he trans and they make a DS spacer if you want to buy it, but IMO there is still plenty of engagement so i didnt even bother.

You will find the c4 will bolt right into place of the t5, the critical part is you need to make sure you match your flexplate, bell housing and converter.
Ok cool thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts