Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is willing to sell me his 93 teal,faded paint and clear peeling Mustang. It has black 4 cyl interior. Drivers seat is faded rest looks good. manual windows. All stock suspension but new Napa shocks, struts and 4 cylinder springs. Converted to 5 lug. LS1 out of a 98 Trans Am and 4l60E tranns with yank ? converter 3200. Has AJE crossmember, headers and a small cam. Now whats cool is that he made all the stock gauges work, a/c and p/s. Inside it looks bone stock, with the nitrous gauge and fuel pressure gauge in the glove box. just needs speedo hooked up. Car in full street trim (small drag radials runs 11:80s na. no nitrous pass yet. he wants 6500 firm. Not sure if this is a good deal as it will need suspension work, he's keeping his wheels, and it needs paint bad. sorry no pics. This car can be driven anywhere, good driver.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It would cost you at least $5k to duplicate what he's already done, that doesn't include the price for the donor vehicle.

LS1/4l60 pullout - about $3K
k member - $550
convertor - $400
wiring harness -about $500
custom a/c lines - $???
headers - $600
cam/springs/pushrods - $600

The list goes on and on, just ask me how I know. Sure it can be done cheaper with a 5.3 truck motor and yes, you can save $$$ on the wiring harness and headers by doing them yourself. I'm just providing a baseline for reference. If the price is under what you can afford & the car is solid than I'd jump on it and send it off for paint. Nice wheels are everywhere and pretty cheap if bought used.

$6500 for an 11 second daily driver seems cheap, whatcha waitin for?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know, its just I have a nice 91 coupe but slow as heck. Might have to just buy it. the more I think about it the more i want it. It was amazing the torque it made. Just puts you back in the seat the whole way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
sounds like a deal to me, ill have 10k in my 93 calypso coupe with some suspension stuff and a cam only ls1/t56.

word of advise is be careful dealing with friends, personal experience tells me to NEVER do that again but everyone is different.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'd call that a deal.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trying as soon as I sell my coupe. Already sold a bunch of parts. almost there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
buy it leave it the way it is, faded paint and all and put the hose on that bitch!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot it does have a nos kit on it with a purge. Solenoids look like the bigshot ones. Forgot to see where it sprays in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Only thing that sucks is its a 98 motor. They are good but come with the weakest rod bolts, worst casted ls1 heads, ls1 intake. They'll work and make power but with a cam id swap to ARP rod bolts for insurance, also do an ls6 intake.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well looks like my car is sold, deposit wired and the guy is flying from NY to pickup the car by Friday, so next weekend I should have it in my driveway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts