Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mind never quits on how to be different. I have stole ideas from redlightning and a few other around here. I have also seen where people run there ac to cool the intake charge. So now that the cats out of the bag lets have some fun.

Saleen414 and alexltd have some pretty original ideas. I had some of my own when I put a m112 on a 347 with meth. now I have in the works a 427 with a whipple and some special crap on top. this is a street car with pump gas, ac and so on. daily driver to say the least.

The new motor will support a whipple with no intercooler. I will follow redlighting by using 2 inj. to spray fuel thur the whipple. I hope this will help cool the intake air charge when driving on the street. the second part will have 2 inj. to spray meth when in boost.

Now for the last part. I want to use a fly by wire throttle body to control boost on launch and top end. Just like the turbo guys that control boost on the launch and when wheel spin happens. I would to use a holley hpto make this happen. Your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Now for the last part. I want to use a fly by wire throttle body to control boost on launch and top end. Just like the turbo guys that control boost on the launch and when wheel spin happens. I would to use a holley hpto make this happen. Your thoughts.
Throttle by wire would work real nice for controlling boost on launch. Do not know about using it to control boost during wheel spin. You would be commanding the throttle to close to limit boost, which would kill momentum. I would think that just dropping a few degrees of timing would be easier to control. First off you need a driveshaft speed sensor. Like this or similar: XFI? Driveshaft Speed Sensor Kit - 2.1875 Fuelairspark.com. You would need to datalog good runs to know what an acceptable rpm slope looks like under full power. If you look at the following datalog you can see what information is needed to plot a point to remove power to stop wheelspin.

The red line is engine rpm. The green line is called "driveshaft delta rpm" and denotes driveshaft rpm outside the "norm", The white line is actual driveshaft rpm, and the tan line is mph.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
As mentioned, timing is the "easy" way to control launch, but a drive by wire setup should be more efficient. I'd be interested to see your results. I've read (though have no first hand experience) that running meth through certain injectors can lead to corrosion issues; although about 20 years ago, I ran straight water through some 19lb injectors without issue. Also, many meth guys who run windshield washer fluid tend to get buildup over time of this bluish "schmoo" on the filter section of meth nozzles.

Whatever you do, just be sure to run a bypass on the street - otherwise your IATs will skyrocket.

Keep us posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts