Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed comp enginering sphericial bushings in the rearend housing of my stang and they are driving me nuts with all the banging they make .. anyone else have this type of set up and how do you feel about them ?

BTW: i have HP MOTORSPORT UPPERS

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
something you have to get used to...have had them on y last two cars...they bang and rattle like a race car usually does.......

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i should add .. my bushing just dont bang .... with the car on jack stangs and the rearend hanging .. you can lay under the car grab the pinion and lift the rearend up and down with your hand ,hows the pinion angle supose to stay acurate ?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thread revival............

I have solid bushings on all my arms and installed spherical bushings in the axle housing. Sounds like a dump truck driving down the road and bangs REALLY hard on bumps. Double and triple checked everything. %80 track 20% street Normal?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have solid ones in mine, I got them with my Team Z suspension package..

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update:

i installed steeda spherical bushings in the car much better now .. and summit refunded me my money on the comps i bought from them .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i have heim joints on the uppers and lowers...
I do as well. I couldn't figure out what the heck the banging was till today. After jacking it up for the 100th time I finally realized what it was once I lowered the car and looked underneath. I changed the bushings when I put in my moser axles, spool, rear end cover, eliminators and adjustable shocks. And because I changed so many things at once I couldn't eliminate one individual thing as the culprit.

Well it appears that because I have the car so low that the rear end girdle is hammering the spare tire well! Quite a good size dent. I guess when I have the shocks on a softer setting it's making contact. :eek:

Anyone else have this happen?:eek:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
No strange noises here, got my bushings from Moser. You also need to make sure you have the right diameter bolts. I went with 1/2" Grade 8 bolts and had to open up the holes in the torque boxes and on the spacers for the larger bolt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts