Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-93-Mustang-Subframe-Connectors-Through-Floor-/140474746995?pt=Race_Car_Parts

I like these as they are through floor SFC's that extend far into the front subframes, and extend back into the rear subframes, but unlike most I see that are like this they are also weld into the whole floor, and not just raised up above it behind the front seat. My car is already caged so I would have to mod that because I would want to tie it in with the SFC's.

Can you use these, and maybe some other brand of FLSFC's, and make a setup similar to Griggs WC kit?

Also when you run SFC's like this where do you route the fuel and brake lines?

Thanks,

Jesse

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
It's nice that they tie into the rear subframe, but I'm not sure that's necessarily better or worse than the Griggs kit. The whole point of the Griggs kit being raised up is to provide a taller vertical section for greater bending stiffness. As their site says, "Upper Subframe Connectors. These work in conjunction with the lower subframe connectors to form a much more rigid chassis. Large gains in rigidity are possible due to being tall in a vertical plane. Think of this like the floor joists in a house. You could try a zillion 2x4 under the floor, but if they were only four inches deep, the floor would never be rigid. Yet, a few 2x12’s make an incredibly rigid floor because of their deep vertical span." [my bolding]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts