Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the supercharger setups and have some questions. I am getting a V3 head unit and need to know what other components to buy to have a complete setup. I have a 98 GT that is PI swapped. I know ill need a professional tune after install. If anyone has any of the other components i need to finish my setup please let me know. After looking at the $1500 dollar supercharger post it looks like ill need mounting bracket, discharge tube, and air inlet assembly. Do i need oil feed/ drain assembly since the v3 is self contained? Is there anything else that i need for install? Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance for responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Look up the install guide for your car, on their website. There will be a parts list. Print it out, and go to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm literally brand new to the forum, but I just got my 98 GT and was looking into the same SC. I'm sure it's covered plenty here, but Vortech has a 98 specific kit. It's part number 4FH218-070L and their site has all the parts listed in the install manual. Unfortunately, the PDF doesn't work on that page but it does work on the HO kit page, which is the same manual. Just right click and save as, then look at page vii for the '98 parts list.

I'm too new to post links, but go to vortechsuperchargers dot com and search 4FH218-050L

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, that's the one. Thanks rube10.65!

mattnelms07, be sure you read all the notes boxes and pay attention to what sections specifically apply to your 98 (top of each page/section). And no, the V3 does not need oil feed lines or tapping the oil pan, but you do need to change the internal oil once in a while. I think I read it's checked every 2,500 miles, and changed every 7,500 or so. It takes 4 oz, and they run around $12 per 4oz bottle. Stock up on it online since it may be hard to find locally. I think your biggest concern will be whatever fueling recommendations they lay out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I'm in the same boat with my 96 pi swap. I grabbed a tuner kit for a 2000-2004gt so I need the coil bracket and the same mount bracket you need. Don't forget fuel upgrades and maf. Good luck with yours, I'm excited to get mine going, was worried at first about higher compression with a s/c but have had alot say it will be fine if I have a good tune. Mine is cammed also with stock shortblock. I also am new to forums, just joined but long time lurker lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts