Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a company doing this or are we still buying the kit and having a machine shop do it? Thanks to all who reply.

Ed

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i pretty much buy everything from the machine shop doing the work as long as he can get it.

support local machine shops as much as you can before they are all gone

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have worked with Brian at ADPerformance on my last engine build and when I am ready to build my next motor, he will be the guy I ask to do the short block, Ed Curtis gets the induction. That said, I am guessing no one sells a rotating assembly already nuetral balanced huh? I see all of them at 28 or 50 oz but never nuetral. Just thought I would ask in the event someone was selling these. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Any crank can be internally balanced, assuming there is enough room on the counter weight to ad heavy metal. The best bet for an affordable internally balanced capable 4340 crankshaft is RPM, and they rarely need metal to go internal. Some scat cranks will go internal if the bob weight is light enough. Eagle makes internal 4340 cranks as well but they are rock hard and I hate drilling on them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Eagle sell internal/ neutral balanced rotating Assembly w/ 4340 crank, H- rods and SRP pistons (maybe Mahle too). Look at their website.

I have been running this kit With flat- top SRP 4.030" for 6-7 years no, and till runs great. Redline at 7800 rpm. At the strip, track and road.

Let me add that is a 3.4" stroke crank. I think they have forged rot assy With 3.25, maybe 3.0 too....

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
"Kit", as in pistons, rings, rods, crankshaft? Whole thing? Lots of times a "kit" is just put together by, well whoever you buy it from. They get the stuff individually and put together a "kit" as you need it. Your best bet is a machine shop who knows Ford stuff. So many of them are geared toward GM small block stuff, and I understand (and respect) that as they have a business to run and a lot of their business comes from the 350 blocks that are run in the roundy-round dirt track stuff.

An internally balanced kit can be had balanced already. Watch the major sites (AD performance, woody, etc) and sometimes they'll have a sale for free balancing on the purchase of a kit. Seen it before especially in the winter time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts