Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 Mustang GT conv. with several engine upgrades including a Holley max 2 system alum. heads , upper and lower intake . Motorsport hedders , Bassani x pipe , highflow cats and Magnaflow exaust with 3.5 tips . C&L 76mm massair/coldair with K&N filter , edelbrock 75mm th.body , 255lph in tank pump , Manly push rods & roller lifters , Double roller timing chain , 1.6 roller rockers , TFS roller cam 221/225 , New 24lb injectors , Nkg-r plus plugs and an MSD spark box and 8.5mm plug wires . Oh , also 373's in back . A lot of go fast goodies and it does go fast . But from what I have read , Ford's baseline computer settings suck on the 94 and 95 models . For instance , retarding the timing under heavy load to prevent inexperienced drivers from saying hello to Mr. Tree . The 93 and back 5.0's didn't have this retarded programming . I know there are chips on the market specific to the 95 5.0 out there . I just dont know what the best choices are . I need to burn a program to maximize my high powered setup . Please help !! P.S. I'm also having a rolling idle issue . Thanks in advance for any help .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
A dynotune from an experienced SCT dealer with an SCT chip would be the way to go.

There is a lot of stuff on the net that is incorrect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts