Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still haven't decided if I need to go ladder bars or not, but either way my mini-tub project will need a set of coil-overs. I just read a thread saying the QA1's aren't as good as they used to be ever since QA1 bought the operation from Hal.
Who makes a good , reasonably priced coilover? What about the Strange, Comp. Eng., Chris Alston, etc. Any help is appreciated, I just can't fork over big money for D/A Koni's.

John

·
Registered
360 Posts
My car is still being built but I went with the Strange double adjustable coilovers from Skinny Kid. I am very impressed with the quality and look so far, the Hypercoil springs they come with are also very nice. Keith at Skinny Kid now prefers them over the Afco's I believe.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I forgot about the Afco's.

Anybody else??

John

·
Registered
208 Posts
We have the AFCO's on our car. Pretty good piece.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go with the Strange

If you cant afford double adjustables go with Strange single adjustables. They can be custom valved for your application. i have been using them for a year and a half and dont have a single complaint. Stay away from the mail order companies economy coil overs, they are nothing but a couple of steel brackets and a parts store shock (which your car probably already has). If you need help with the valving send me an e mail.

Jon http://www.tubechassisdesignz.com

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Jon,
I'm staying away from the economy stuff. Just looking for a good recommendation on a coilover. I was leaning towards the QA1's until I read your other response on a post saying the quality of the QA1's have gone down. I'll look into the Strange S/A's

Thanks,
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts