Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get in on the black Friday cyber Monday action and put a new clutch and flywheel in my car while I send the trans out for face plating.

Looking at
McLeod
Spec
Centerforce

Along with an Aluminum fly wheel

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it looks like the Center force is out as I cant find one with a 26 spline clutch disc anywhere.

What are yall's thoughts on a dual disc?

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I use a liquid clutch....commonly referred to as a torque converter.

Reactions: SRTthis798

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
If my car was faster with a stick, it would have a stick....alas, it would be slower. So I kicked it to the curb. It can find a new John there.

Reactions: Str8ballar

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I kept reading recommendations for the Spec 2+ for my 428W, so I got one. It's great so far, good pedal pressure and smooth engagement. No racing yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a brand new spec stage 2 clutch if your interested. It’s a 10 spline. I bought it thinking my trans was a 10 spline but it turned out mine was a 26. I have the same clutch now but 26 spline behind my 393 Windsor. It’s a great daily clutch and can handle it on the strip.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
IF... i ever went back to a clutch it would be from Tinzy

clutch girl FTW!

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Reactions: SRTthis798

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I like the ram powergrip hd I’ve got in my car. Grabs great and is great in traffic as well. Pedal feel is also good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tony Sarvis (Astro Performance) recommended I go with a Ram Power Grip. I've had it in my car for over 4 years and has held up well to numerous drag launches and 454/478 SAE. The pedal feel is positive, but not so much it can't be driven on the street comfortably. So far I have been very happy with this choice.

I hate the Centerforce in my '93 Cobra as I've had issues with clutch vibration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts