Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a procharger and just wondering what brand/type/etc gauges to get? Looking for something simple...in other words don't want to rip out my current gauge cluster and also like more subtle. I assume I should get AF, boost, and fuel pressure. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I run boost/vaccum and a/f ratio and use autometer gauges. They are mounted on a dual gauge pod on the pillar which is a typical placement. Nice and neat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Screw the AFR gauge, I haven't run one in about 10 years. You need boost/vac and you should have a fuel pressure gauge as well. If you've got enough injector and pump to match your power level, you're good. Any issue with fuel pressure and you need to get out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
If you truly want to keep your vehicle safe, get a failsafe that will do something. 98% of the time when something goes wrong, you won't be able to get out of it fast enough providing you were looking at the gauge the precise moment something happened.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I'm doing I think....good deal if you ask me. With their "DAD17" coupon code I also got an additional $27 off (15%). Total is only $155 for 3 gauges. I got the Fuel Pressure, Trans Temp, and Boost/Vac.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
I must admit, I've seen the Glowshift stuff before and they offer a decent looking dual intake air temperature gauge. As far as tuning goes, this is definitely one of the more important aspects of fine tuning a forced induction tune so that the engine can run reliably with and without intercooling.

GlowShift Black 7 Color Dual Intake Temperature Gauge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts