Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had a C&L and I hated it. Ended up going megasquirt and ditched the maf all together.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have PRO-M maf sensor....seems to be ok....so far

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you aren't tuning it yourself, ie taking it to a dyno, I would call the tuner and see what he prefers. I have a drop in Pro M and haven't had an issue but my tuner said he would have preferred the slot style sct meter (Not for sure of the part number). From what I have read on here though with people's experiences, the slot style meters are the way to go, especially if going above 500 hp. They give a lot cleaner signal. Give Chris at PowerAdder Solutions a call and he will willingly talk you through everything and is very helpful.

If tuning yourself, well that is a whole other ballgame.

·
Registered
864 Posts
i run a pmas. the engine is new and we just started it. idles and drives great with nothing more then the stock computer. i hear the slot style maf is the only way to go. if i was doing my own tuning, id go MS and ditch the maf completely. a pmas air meter is about $350, you can get the MS for that price

·
Registered
448 Posts
I run a pms with a pro m blow thru and my car runs awesome. I guess you can try the ms stuff but im happy with what i have yes it cost more money but i know how to use it and it works for me and i dont have a ton of time in the tune.

·
Registered
767 Posts
98snakehorse,
How do you like the mega squirt.
I love it, I got the megasquirt plug and play kit. Took maybe 45 minutes to install and car fired right up with the base tune they sent with it. Took it to the tuner to fine tune it. Now whenever I upgrade any performance parts I can just set the changes myself on the go, and save money from dyno tunes. Highly recomended. This also gets rid of the stock O2 sensors and now I'm running a innovate lc1 wideband for tuning.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hpx pmas slot style
+1! I went from 90mmLMF + Diblo MAFia to a HPX Slot Style and the light-load driveability is LOADS better!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Stock oem ford slot style maf with a mafia

This is what I run and I really like it.

The nice thing about a slot maf is that when it's in a 3" pipe, the sensor element is exactly in the center of the pipe no matter what angle it's at.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I wonder how the hpx slot style meter can be any better than an Oem one?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It has more resolution. Ie, it takes more air to peg it at 5V.

I'm not so sure it's any better than a OEM one and a MAFia at most power levels.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the HPX MAF in a 83mm tube from VMP, didn't want to risk peggin the HPX in a 3" tube. Its not running yet but sounds like I got the right MAF.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts