Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mostly stock engine is being taken out and new studs and gaskets are going in after my last tune session didn’t go as planned lol.( head gaskets) I’m ditching my E cam for the Stock camshaft and 1.7 RR are going in and I decided on keeping my ported GT40 heads just for simplicity. Also going to swap my unported exploder for a systemax I picked up recently. I hope for next season the drive ability will be better and I can enjoy the car a little more next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: midnightlaundry

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don’t have a goal for the year. I’d like to take my 70mm out and just replace with my 7875 I have here in a box. Still stuck on some wiring and tune questions.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I plan to get a knock sensor module on there and turn up the boost to 15-16psi. I'm at 12-13 and haven't blown it up yet..

I'd also like to get a wheel sensor on the front so I can do traction control.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan to get a knock sensor module on there and turn up the boost to 15-16psi. I'm at 12-13 and haven't blown it up yet..

I'd also like to get a wheel sensor on the front so I can do traction control.

That sounds like a great idea. I’ve looked into the knock sensor modules. Very nice pieces to tube with. If I had one I’d probably not be pulling my motor to go through it haha. But then again, it’s time for a good check up. I stopped by a local engine builder today to get a price on a “freshen up” for the bottom end. His prices scared the hell out of me so if my engine is getting worn out, I’ll look for a low mileage explorer bottom end or a reman unit. I was hoping to slap some new rings and bearings in if they were worn but he said that doesn’t happen anymore and everything needs to be redone most likely. I’m not building a race car, just something to have fun with

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t have a goal for the year. I’d like to take my 70mm out and just replace with my 7875 I have here in a box. Still stuck on some wiring and tune questions.

I was looking into a precision 7075. Looked like a nice upgrade from the standard 70mm that comes with the On3 kit

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. I’ve looked into the knock sensor modules. Very nice pieces to tube with. If I had one I’d probably not be pulling my motor to go through it haha. But then again, it’s time for a good check up. I stopped by a local engine builder today to get a price on a “freshen up” for the bottom end. His prices scared the hell out of me so if my engine is getting worn out, I’ll look for a low mileage explorer bottom end or a reman unit. I was hoping to slap some new rings and bearings in if they were worn but he said that doesn’t happen anymore and everything needs to be redone most likely. I’m not building a race car, just something to have fun with

I tried to do the last motor on the cheap.. I ball honed my old block, reused the pistons, new rings, bearings. Ran strong until it didn't.. LOL It's EASY to get greedy with the boost.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was looking into a precision 7075. Looked like a nice upgrade from the standard 70mm that comes with the On3 kit

That’s the same on3 turbo I was running with the 351 kit. I went budget on the setup, I just can’t see myself spending more on the head unit than the whole kit at this point.

I’ve heard great things about borgwarner turbos but I’m sure most on here know more about that than me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s the same on3 turbo I was running with the 351 kit. I went budget on the setup, I just can’t see myself spending more on the head unit than the whole kit at this point.

I’ve heard great things about borgwarner turbos but I’m sure most on here know more about that than me.

This is the turbo I was thinking of, still journal bearing but looks like a nice piece.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am getting my dart 363 block build by ford strokers, sticking some comp oiless ball bearing turbos on that... then i will have to custom fab or have the headers made. i have a LOT of work ahead

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do, and I’m feeling like an entry level kind of budget this winter haha. I figured that turbo might be better than an On3 ceramic BB? I don’t know. Nothing really wrong with what I have now, just always looking for a little more power lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ya if you do the math it's only a few hundred bucks to get a B&G kit once you input the upgrade of the 67bb one. And have to upgrade the wastegate .

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
My main goal is to put several thousand miles on it by just driving and enjoying it. I got a few hundred miles on it this fall before the weather got ugly but hopefully next year I will get to enjoy it more.

I have yet to go more than 1/4 throttle in it due to the power it's making (32psi and 1/4 throttle is still insanely fast) and the local streets not being a safe enough place to go more than this so I want to get it out on a long flat stretch of road and try 1/2 throttle...or a bit more..=)

ks

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My main goal is to put several thousand miles on it by just driving and enjoying it. I got a few hundred miles on it this fall before the weather got ugly but hopefully next year I will get to enjoy it more.

I have yet to go more than 1/4 throttle in it due to the power it's making (32psi and 1/4 throttle is still insanely fast) and the local streets not being a safe enough place to go more than this so I want to get it out on a long flat stretch of road and try 1/2 throttle...or a bit more..=)

ks

My goal is also to put at least one thousand on it next year. I also have a nice set of baseline suspicion pieces to install in the rear I got from a friend of mine. Very nice stuff by the way. He upgraded to the outlaw stuff so I bought his street stuff. All of it is nice.

Reactions: KEVIN$

·
Registered
49 Posts
I plan on getting my 89 Saleen ready to run some standing mile!! The motor I just finished has an 88mm Turbonetics turbo. Hoping to make 1100hp to the wheels. Just about finished plan to start the car this weekend and start tuning engine management system.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts