Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar to turbo thread.

What type of blower are you installing or is installed??
What track times are you chasing?
Any screw blower boys in here?

I've got a GT500 sitting pretty. Has a couple of bolt-ons but nothing major in the near future.

AM featured it on their facebook page a while back. lol

I'll be installing a Weiand 174 and one-off TBI/megasquirt/e85 system on one of my fox coupes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Novi 2000 on dart 306 motor, still putting things together. Hopefully will make enough power to rotate the earth.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hope to get an F1A strapped to my motor. The F1D I was using gave up the ghost, so it's time for an upgrade. Car made 641/588 on a 323ci Modular 4v at 11.5psi, should be able to make mid to high 700's with a little more boost. Should be fun.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I plan on a boost controller (waste gate) install this winter. Looking for improving on the 60' through better power management on the hit. Right now I have to pull way to much timing out of the engine to kill power to get the car to launch. Hopefully I can pull boost instead and put the timing back in the engine so the engine wont labor so bad out of the hole.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Novi 2000 on dart 306 motor, still putting things together. Hopefully will make enough power to rotate the earth.
Street car or what?

Hope to get an F1A strapped to my motor. The F1D I was using gave up the ghost, so it's time for an upgrade. Car made 641/588 on a 323ci Modular 4v at 11.5psi, should be able to make mid to high 700's with a little more boost. Should be fun.
Seems like good power for that amount of boost. What does your drive setup look like on that? Serpentine or cog? or gear? >:)

I plan on a boost controller (waste gate) install this winter. Looking for improving on the 60' through better power management on the hit. Right now I have to pull way to much timing out of the engine to kill power to get the car to launch. Hopefully I can pull boost instead and put the timing back in the engine so the engine wont labor so bad out of the hole.
I've wondered if this was a common practice for the roots blower guys. I was thinking of routing a small gate somewhere on the intake manifold for boost management but i most likely wont need it for the amount of power I expect my little setup to make. I'm probably looking at 450 crank if I'm lucky. 190cc heads, F303, weiand 174 on probably 9-12psi (whatever the current pulley will make). We'll see I guess. Lol

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Seems like good power for that amount of boost. What does your drive setup look like on that? Serpentine or cog? or gear? >:)
It's an 8 rib serpentine belt setup, no evidence of belt slip. I've had a cog drive F1R on this car several years ago and didn't like the manners on the street, so it's back to the serp belt with a smaller blower.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sold the SBE 302 and upgraded my P1sc to a Jon Bond impeller D1sc. Fordstrokers Dart 363 in the works. Pro comp 210's, Ported TFS Box-R. C4. 60/40 street car full interior fox coupe 3300lbs. Gonna try hard to drive to the track, blast off some mid-high 5's in the 1/8 and drive home. Holley EFI. Extremely low boost street tune and a C16 max effort race tune. Just a pulley swap and fuel change at the track. Not sure if my goal is realistic or not but I feel it will be at least 800 to the tires

·
Registered
46 Posts
An aluminum forged block would be nice to drop nearly 100lbs off the nose plus allow for that pulley size to shrink. :grin2:

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Continue to beat the ever living #### out of it open track. (My fox)

Hopefully get the S-trim blower upgraded to Si specs on my dad's 05' Roush.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure just blower goals.

But Alum Heads(undecided which) B21, Extrude honed gt40, 36lb injectors, 70mm tb, 80mm mass air, P600b, 340lph and a battery relocation.
Hoarded the last 6mos all of this other than the heads....still searching for something "simple" daily driver-able

Not to mention 3.55 and a T5 swap....maybe upgrade the T5 I presently have sitting on the floor to an Astro just for good measure.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure just blower goals.

But Alum Heads(undecided which) B21, Extrude honed gt40, 36lb injectors, 70mm tb, 80mm mass air, P600b, 340lph and a battery relocation.
Hoarded the last 6mos all of this other than the heads....still searching for something "simple" daily driver-able

Not to mention 3.55 and a T5 swap....maybe upgrade the T5 I presently have sitting on the floor to an Astro just for good measure.
It's always fun when you have a big pile of parts and finally have a good weekend to start slapping it all on. That's about the same thing I'm doing with my fox coupe roots blower project. Have all the ignition, injection, ECU, blower, and fuel stuff waiting in a room.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had one of those blowers on my 85 GT it was a kick in the a$$ to drive. Only screw blowers for me.
PS My goals for 2017 Dart build 427 W AFR 220 3.4 Whipple BIG Lunati cam going for 600 + HP, 700 RWTQ.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My goal is to get this guy finished and fitted into the car in my profile. 72 Ford Maverick.

Blower is an F1R. It's just a stock block though :frown2:

Hopefully through my powerglide, I can make 650hp to the tire :grin2:

What do yall think?

Merry Christmas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had one of those blowers on my 85 GT it was a kick in the a$$ to drive. Only screw blowers for me.
PS My goals for 2017 Dart build 427 W AFR 220 3.4 Whipple BIG Lunati cam going for 600 + HP, 700 RWTQ.
In a good way or a bad way? Lol I'm hoping my home-brew efi system makes it nice and smooth. I'd love a screw but didn't want to deal with a distributorless ignition, new belt/pulley setup, intake manifold, and injection. Couldn't find a small case screw with top feed and bottom exit like the big boys run. :/

My goal is to get this guy finished and fitted into the car in my profile. 72 Ford Maverick.

Blower is an F1R. It's just a stock block though :frown2:

Hopefully through my powerglide, I can make 650hp to the tire :grin2:

What do yall think?

Merry Christmas
Well, it looks fast. lol stock 9.5 deck block I'm assuming?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts