Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I have a 3550. The Tremec guy on the Tremec forums said mine was good for 400 ft lbs.. I'm worried about blowing it up like I did my T5.. lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm running a King Cobra on my T5 right now, but I only power shifted once between 3-4 and it smoked the clutch up. I can power shift between 1-2 and it just spins the tires. Running it through a T5 (A5) with 500 RWHP. Once it's done, going with a Spec 2+.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Spec stage3, tremec 3550, no hp numbers but its a built 306 on 14# of boost.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really worried about this trans. I think it will live if i baby it. But the point is that I don't want to worry about it. I wanna beat on it..
lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had Ram HDT metallic, but it had a tendency to break a few parts here or there. But not often. A little heavy on the pedal but not to bad. I have also ran a Ram organic and it actually held up pretty good, and won a 1000$ No Box race late last year with an syncro'd Astro A-5 behind it. Have also ran the the Mcleod dual friction Street Extreme clutch and it does very well. Light on the pedal but holds. Don't have a whole lot of knowledge on that one but really fun to drive on the street with. Not sure how it would hold up with slicks in the long run . The car I drove with those combos were a NA 347 that was running high 10.60's and 70's. I actually picked up with the Ram organic. Due to a little starting line slippage. I kinda like that one. And it looked fine at the end of the year, after about 50 runs. The Mcleod or the Ram will be behind a 363 this year after I get the motor issues sorted out. I'm kinda expecting them to both hold up just fine with the knowledge I have with them, although limited knowledge with the Mcleod. Pretty much most of these premium clutches excel what we were running 25 years ago with big block cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts