Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the 9333PT1 head gaskets with 14lbs of boost and 650HP with no problems, now building a bigger motor and I was thinking of going to 18-22lbs of boost at 1000+/- HP, will these gaskets be able to take me there?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I'm going the same direction you are(327ci, T76, Vic Jr. heads, etc). Not even chancing 9333's, going with MLS Cometics to avoid any issue. 9333's would be great as a breaking point for a stock block, but with Dart Iron Eagle block, I'll go Cometic for best possible sealing. Just my .02

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an R-block that's O-ringed so I don't think MLS will work for me unless I remove the O-ring from the block, I just wanted to see how far people were pushing them. Your heads are better than mine, I wish I had victor jr heads but I have a bigger turbo, if it ever shows up.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Lee...mine wouldn't last pass 18psi on my car anymore....switched to Cometics...

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee...mine wouldn't last pass 18psi on my car anymore....switched to Cometics...
Was your block O-ringed? I think Jeff S. still runs them and he was at 22lbs of boost.

·
Registered
843 Posts
They worked good on my set up. Block cracked and the head gaskets, still looked good.
950+hp 351w trick flow tw heads and a Precision billet 76mm turbo at 25-26lbs

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And associate of mine made 1148 rwhp with them.
How long did they last at that power level? I had one local dyno shop tuner tell me he didn't like these gaskets because they are corrosive, which was hard for me to believe.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
How long did they last at that power level? I had one local dyno shop tuner tell me he didn't like these gaskets because they are corrosive, which was hard for me to believe.

Over the course of two years.

He probably had the heads off 3 times doing different things not related to the gaskets. He always put another set back on and never had much trouble out of them.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Over the course of two years.

He probably had the heads off 3 times doing different things not related to the gaskets. He always put another set back on and never had much trouble out of them.
Was his block O-ringed and what did he torque the head studs to, 100lbs or more?

·
Registered
219 Posts
i run them
made over 1200 to the tires
trapped 140 in the 1/8th
block is oringed
i run tfs-r heads on a 392 cubic inch 4.076 bore motor

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i run them
made over 1200 to the tires
trapped 140 in the 1/8th
block is oringed
i run tfs-r heads on a 392 cubic inch 4.076 bore motor
What did you torque the head studs to?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I guess these would be sufficient for a low boost application on a 408W, like 8 psi? I am running them right now N/A.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I ran them on a stock 5.0 shortblock, AFR 185 heads, head studs, and 70mm turbo making 17 psi.
Never had any problems with them, best gasket you can buy for the money. I always coat them with Permatex Copper spray for extra insurance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts