Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bogarts are on the way and I need to get some skinnies for them. What should I use. I need to be able to order them from the net as I do not have a wheel and tire place where i live.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My bogarts are on the way and I need to get some skinnies for them. What should I use. I need to be able to order them from the net as I do not have a wheel and tire place where i live.
I'm running Eagle front runners...No loyalty to them it was the best deal $$. I bought them used....I would say whatever you can find the best price, go with them...I don't think you'll ever know the difference, Try ebay ,Summit, Jegs for deals ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys, I am looking for street front tires. I asked over here because we all run skinnies.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run DR's out back and don't really like the idea of mixing radials and bias plys. Plus, i've heard on here that those are terrible on the street. Also, I think I am running a 24 inch tall tire now (standard metric ones that everyone here uses) and don't want anything taller.

You would think that someone would have made a speed rated skinny radial by now huh.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might try a set of the S/R radials. I hate the price, but everything esle looks good about them. I guess I don't drive the car much so I will deff get my money/years out of them.

I am only replacing the ones I have now because they are 8 years old.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I decided to try the S/R radials in a 26x6x15. I decided on these as they are radials and have a 130mph speed rating. We'll see how they work out.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
If you have not bought tires yet try these Nankang 165/80/15 CX668 they are speed rated H =130mph more than enough for most of us remember the speed rating says what the tire will stay together at 130mph for x amount of time ( I believe it's an hour ) for most of us we are in the 112-145mph range so a short burst to even 150 for less than 10 sec will not hurt the tire as the tire will not have time to heat up allowing the tire to delaminate .

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already orded stuff. Thanks though. The S/R's look cool too :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
so is there any weight savings with the MT sportsman fronts over like a kuhmo or other skinny front you can get at pepboys?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you have not bought tires yet try these Nankang 165/80/15 CX668 they are speed rated H =130mph more than enough for most of us remember the speed rating says what the tire will stay together at 130mph for x amount of time ( I believe it's an hour ) for most of us we are in the 112-145mph range so a short burst to even 150 for less than 10 sec will not hurt the tire as the tire will not have time to heat up allowing the tire to delaminate .
speed rating refers to amount of inertia the tire can handle and stay stable with out taking too long to rebound from the flat spot on the bottom of the tire that is in contact with the road. There is no time factor in this equation. Goodyear says, "until you run out of gas"

now, if I only new as much about mustangs as I know about tires :p

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
kuhmos are fine for a few buddies running 140+......best......dont know...but no problems in the years weve used them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts