Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're striking me as hard to find. I can get corbeau's made that way, but what else offers slide and recline adjustability with a harness slot in the lower cushion?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I looked around quite a bit when I was making my decision on a new seat last year, I really wanted something that would properly route the 5th and 6th points to my harness, but didn't really find anything that reclined and was going to provide much support, ended up going with a Kirkey fixed back road race seat. Thing's much more comfortable than I thought it would be and since there needs to be some fabrication to mount it, you can set the positioning to your comfort.

I had a roll bar in the car already so I mounted it to the sliders that were already in there and bought an adjustable back mount from I/O port to provide the recommended mounting point from the seat back to the harness bar.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Call Mark Wilson @ On-Track Performance Recaro seats sold by On-Track Performance Solutions and get the Recaro SRD/Speed, he can have a sub-belt hole put into the seat. By far the most comfortable and supportive reclining seat I've sat in. I've also had a Recaro Sport in for the passenger seat and while comfortable doesn't provide the lateral stability.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you sure on the Corbeau's? My fixed back Forza had a hole underneath the bottom seat cushion for passing the 5th slot up and through.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Arizen says they offer it as an option. I have their original leather reclining seats in my 99 and I like the way they fit me but they weigh 44 lbs. each.

Mustang Racing Seats - Cobra Seats

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
579 Posts
Are you sure on the Corbeau's? My fixed back Forza had a hole underneath the bottom seat cushion for passing the 5th slot up and through.
Fixed back Corbeau's come with the slot, recliners need it added as an option (at extra cost of course)

DaveW

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why not just use 6 point belts? They don't go through the bottom seat cushion.

--Vince

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not just use 6 point belts? They don't go through the bottom seat cushion.
The ones designed for an upright, sedan-style seating position do. The ones that don't are for reclined, formula-car style seating position.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The ones designed for an upright, sedan-style seating position do. The ones that don't are for reclined, formula-car style seating position.
My Schroth harnesses say they can be mounted either way, however, in a Mustang (and I imagine most street cars) the left side belt mount is further back than the right side one. This puts the left side out of the area they recommend for anti-sub strap mounting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts