Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to get a boost and a/f guage for my 98 turbo GT. I was wondering what a/f guage i should go with it has to be a wideband though. I was looking at the digital one from glowshiftdirect.com for 200$ and also seen that innovative motorsports has one also, but a little more pricey. So is it going to matter which one i get? Or is the innovative one going to be alot better or what? Or if u want to suggest something else go ahead! any help is apprecaited...thanks

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I just bought aem wideband from eBay for 204 shipped. Glowshift gauge I just don't trust for a/f. Just my .02

·
Registered
120 Posts
AEM hands down. Easy to install, accurate, simple. Don't waste your time with an LC-1 or autometer garbage. I've had the AEM on two cars now and I've never had to replace an o2 sensor and they've always read exactly what the sniffer on every dyno read.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I've been running my lc-1/xd-16 setup for 2 years and completed my tune with it. From day one, it's worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have been using an AEM wideband in my tuning and it works pretty good, simple setup with just a gauge, and i have an output from the gauge going to my EGR pigtail so i can datalog AFR to tune with without any standalone stuff.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You CANNOT go wrong with Innovate stuff.
lolz.... IDK where you been but there's been more than a few guys that have had nothign put problems with innovative stuff. Check ls1tech, vette forums, turbomustangs.com etc...

I'm not a big fan of the innovative stuff, I've seen first hand the problems they've had.

fwiw I'm usnig the aem gauge type wb02 and it works great. I wouldn't go with some glowshift blah blah crap one though. WB is really the most important gauge you'll have and it's important to get something that's accurate and repeatable.

Whatever one you do decide to get be sure to have a real good ground when wiring. Wb02 are very sensitive to grounds, just as any eletrical device is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lolz.... IDK where you been but there's been more than a few guys that have had nothign put problems with innovative stuff. Check ls1tech, vette forums, turbomustangs.com etc...

I'm not a big fan of the innovative stuff, I've seen first hand the problems they've had.

fwiw I'm usnig the aem gauge type wb02 and it works great. I wouldn't go with some glowshift blah blah crap one though. WB is really the most important gauge you'll have and it's important to get something that's accurate and repeatable.

Whatever one you do decide to get be sure to have a real good ground when wiring. Wb02 are very sensitive to grounds, just as any eletrical device is.
o i was thinking about getting the innovate DB gauge? but what kind of problems are they having?

·
Registered
709 Posts
o i was thinking about getting the innovate DB gauge? but what kind of problems are they having?
not repeatable. General problems with the electronics... Sensors failing. I will say innovative is usually pretty good about replacing their products when they fail, but the whole point is that they do fail. And really why get something if you're just going to have a problem with it. There was a post on here concerning the innovative stuff, and one of the guys who is an electrical engineer discussed why they have so many issues with thier stuff. It was a good read, may want to search around for it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I donbt care which one anyone buys......but course your gonna hear about more problems with Innovate stuff....more people have them. Problems are always posted before success is...remember that.

IMO Innovate is the leader, but course there are others that are just as good...if I were to get something other than Innovate it would be an AEM unit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was going to get an autometer phantom wideband just because it matches all my other gauges (all phantom). Has anybody had any experience with autometer widebands?

EDIT: I ran across some info that if i'm going down the track and by the time i see the wideband read lean, its too late for my engine. Is it true that they are mainly for a tuning tool and not so much early warning of engine damage? Because then i might not get one since i'll never tune my own car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know 2 people having problems with the LC-1's and they're tearing them out for AEM's wide band. Theres a lot of wires to hook up with the LC-1. If you're just using it as a gauge the aem is only two wires.

Wide bands are pretty accurate in terms of how fast they deliver the a/f ratio to you. If your car for whatever reason starts to go lean the gauge will show it right away.

·
Registered
290 Posts
As just a gauge I agree the AEM is easier to hook up...but for datalogging the Innovate is great...and it works with my DashDaq, not to mention the Logworks software is really good stuff.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I know 2 people having problems with the LC-1's and they're tearing them out for AEM's wide band. Theres a lot of wires to hook up with the LC-1. If you're just using it as a gauge the aem is only two wires.

Wide bands are pretty accurate in terms of how fast they deliver the a/f ratio to you. If your car for whatever reason starts to go lean the gauge will show it right away.
They are VERY sensitive to offset grounds. If you don't have you're ##### together and have everything wired up properly (including the battery), you can have issues.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You CANNOT go wrong with Innovate stuff.
X2 The guy we dynoed with tested a bunch and that was the most accurate.
Has kept us safe for five years.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Innovate is the leader in widebands IMO. Thats why I went with their LC-1, many problems have to do with people like me trying to get their laptop to datalog. Mine wired right up and works fine far as I know, just cant get my laptop going.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts