Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swap my 03 style 17*9 cobra wheels with 255 40 17's on the front and 275 40 17's on the rear for a set of 94 gt rims with some 245 45 17 goodyear snow tires and all my car drives and track so straight its unbelievable.together the reinstall of my strut brace have me loving my car again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hmmm....I have 245x275 on 03 Cobras, and have a wandering ( tramline ) issue too. Very few suspension mods, though. I am hoping a panhard bar cures the majority of the issue. Anybody ??

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
You shouldn't be surprised. You're gonna get less tramlining with a narrower section. There's less contact with the imperfections in the road to throw you off track. I bet if you went to a 195 wide tire you'd get even less tramlining...

A panhard won't cure your tramlining ills.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hear ya, Huesmann. My thought was that a much newer car with wide tires surely cant wander like mine, so I was hoping that suspension improvements would make some of it go away. Are my thoughts illogical, human ?
( your avatar is killer BTW - cracks me up every time I see it )

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you still running mostly original stock parts on the front suspension? If so, check the ball-joints and replace them if they're worn out. Replace the front control arm bushings if they've never been replaced. Get a good alignment or use the how-tos posted on this message board and line it up the way you want it.

IF you're running original front suspension parts, replacing the worn out parts and a good alignment will make it feel like a different car.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree,i replace my entire front suspension and the car still did not feel right.after reinstalling the strut brace thats been off the car for 6 yrs and putting on the tires the car felt like it did when it was new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts