Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to the track today and had a great day compared to the last time. Last time at the track it was hot and could only muster a 11.33 1st time off the trailer and got progressively slower, turns out I found just a few days ago a vacuum cap fell off my BOV line at the track that day. BOV wasn't staying closed...Well Today I went to the track (cap on) and Car ran great...Got faster as the day went on with some tuning...Last and best pass of the day it ran [email protected] breaking (basically 2000rpm) the car still because track is not too good. Still spun slightly with only a 1.77 60ft. I know this car will run well if I can hook off the line on the break leaving under boost. Overall I'm very pleased...:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Im pretty happy, Im sure theres more if I can get it to hook off the break...Going to get some slicks. MT Drag Radials......275x60x15...Suspension is pretty much stock except for the adjustable UPR control arms. Stock shocks too...Car is a tank lol...Have not had it weighed but im sure its around 3500.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Nice runs!!!!!! ...My car is about your weight im just hoping for low 11's

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nice mph, get that 60 down and you can make a low 10. I trapped at 132 on a 10.17 back in the stock block days.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping that with some slicks and some rear shock work using the break I could run at least a 10.50....I couldnt believe the difference the car felt by upping the timing by 4 degrees....Was only about 14degrees total advance in the middle of the run. Car way better and I checked all my plugs and they are pretty rich which is good.....11.45 on the AFR.....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
very nice results...turbo + auto = fast...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm hoping that with some slicks and some rear shock work using the break I could run at least a 10.50....I couldnt believe the difference the car felt by upping the timing by 4 degrees....Was only about 14degrees total advance in the middle of the run. Car way better and I checked all my plugs and they are pretty rich which is good.....11.45 on the AFR.....

Have you had that car out at Lapeer? Think I may have seen you out there on Opie day. If so nice car. We need to line them up out there. Although it sounds your car is runninfg better then mine. I need do do some tweaking and add a little boost.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I was there on Opie day....Thanks for the compliments. I haven't been there since running in the 10's. I'm going racing this weekend. Not sure where yet though. Might go to Milan and run in the True street class. If not Milan probably Lapeer then. I need to get some slicks to run there. I spin like crazy out of the hole there..lol...If ya see me there stop by to B.S...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes I was there on Opie day....Thanks for the compliments. I haven't been there since running in the 10's. I'm going racing this weekend. Not sure where yet though. Might go to Milan and run in the True street class. If not Milan probably Lapeer then. I need to get some slicks to run there. I spin like crazy out of the hole there..lol...If ya see me there stop by to B.S...
Yeah I hear ya on the slicks. My drag radials dont do to well there either. I want to get my car back up there on a cooler day with another pound or two of boost. I went [email protected] on 11-12lbs the last time I was there. I dont have a transbrake and footbraking in on the 2 step at like 2600 doesnt build much boost, and it loads the suspension funny and blows the tires off when it does. My buddy runs the tower on Saturdays and works the track on Sundays, so if need be I can have him glue the hell out of the track to help. I might head out there Saturday depending on what I have going on. I'll stop and BS if I see your car out there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts