Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I ran a 12.6 at 105 last night with my new Powerdyne 6 psi (makes 5 psi), and wanted to know if I am running where I should be?

Here is my combo:
94 5.0 GT , Stock Mass air, Powerdyne 6 psi, 70mm TB, Performer Intake, 1.7 RRockers,Performer(6037)Heads (bone stock), 24 lbr's, 10:1 FMU,155 lph pump, Shorty Headers, Bassani Cat/Flowmaster Exhaust, 3.55 Gears, ET Streets.

Interestingly enough, I ran with all smog eq. active.
Also, the car has 136,000 miles on it.

Will a bigger mass help, since I already have the bigger stock one with the screen removed?

Will I blow up this motor, since it has so many miles on it?

How much will an MSD and a wider spark gap help (right now I am at .035?

How much HP am I making at a stock weight?
Should I be making more?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks again for your support guys!!!:D

·
Registered
940 Posts
with 105mph, 12.6 is a great time. 105 should be your mph without the powerdyne. however, you should be running a lot faster with boost. 12.6 sounds about right, but the 105mph doesnt.

·
Registered
389 Posts
IMO your car should be going at least 115mph...and should be going 11's if your hooking decent (1.8 or lower)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a 95 gt with a powerdyne blower on it. You can get a 9psi pully for it. I'm about too get it for car. It will help alot but i don't know if you will blow your engine.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
When I had my 6lb Powerdyne, I only ran once at the track and I my et was a bit slower than you but my mph was definitely higher. I ran as fast as 112mph in the quarter while only seeing a best of 4.5psi of boost.

Is your car tuned for your combo? That's a big part of getting the best of your combo. I think a good maf will help a lot. A small mod like that on a sc engine sometimes nets big gains. I dynoed 381rwhp/367rwtq SAE at the time. Now I had a 73mm maf, no cats, and a dyno tune so I'm thinking as it stands, your car is probably making less power than that, even with a custom tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run spinning mid 12's at 114 - 115 mph with a custom tune. I see about 5psi. I also have a 80mm pro-m and 42's with no fmu. I make 395 rwhp and 390 rwtq. Before powerdyne I ran 13.2 at 106. You should have more mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way great time for mph.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your feedback guys, you are right the car did leave hard, a 1.69 60ft time, hooking at a 5500 rpm launch.
Maybe the FMU is killing my top end, since the ET and weight say I am making 340 RWHP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts