Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the drag strip today with my 03 GT. Managed a 13.7 at 102 with a 1.9 60'. Had a set of slicks on, so that helped a lot. Car is relatively stock, stock 3.23 gears, intake, midpipe and catback, and an email tune from American Muscle. First time to the track, so I had no idea what to expect. My goal was 13.99, so I was tremendously happy.

I am excited to see what I get when I do 3.73s, which I have, just need to put them in.

Just thought I would share!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Congrats.
The 3.73's with slicks should help you get low 1.7 60 foot times, maybe better is you get real aggressive... those times will plummet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep, those gears and more practice and soon you'll be looking at being real close to 12's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, those gears and more practice and soon you'll be looking at being real close to 12's.
This is exactly what I am hoping for! My buddy has an LS swapped 71 Nova. With the slicks, I was able to beat him twice, but his ET was better than mine. I just treed the crap out of him. So my goal is to beat him ET wise as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That first 60 ft is "ALL" important to good ET's . With your gear swap and alittle practice your 60ft should drop to a 1.7x at least. That's a .20 improvement which will equate to a .40 Improvement in your ET. Your 13.7 should drop to a 13.3.

What times and speed was your buddies Nova running ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He ran a 13.4 that day through an auto.

I got the gears installed last weekend and all I can say is wow! What a difference. It really woke the car up. I cannot wait to get back to the track now. I also did a fluid change with the forum recommended concoction in the trans. And my 2-3 shifts are much, much quicker. Before 2-3 was like hitting a wall, I'd have to wait a little before it went in. Now I can fly through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts