Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got dyno'd earlier today during a group dyno day. My best numbers were 233.8/269.7 sae corrected. Do these seem low to anybody? The HP seems alright but I was expecting more torque. When my car went on the dyno it had been sitting for about an hour and the guy just strapped it down and ran it. The first run was 4 RWHP less at the peak, but the difference was 20 RWHP at 6000 prms. 1st run was 201.6 and the 2nd run was 220.4 at 6000rpms and that was only 30 seconds later. Would I have done better if the car had time to fully warm up?

The thing that impressed me was that RWHP was over 220 from 4400-6000 rpms with the peak at 5000. Guess shifting at 6000 is the best for my car. The new 3.73's should keep me right in that power band.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
The more I hotlap my car at the track, the more MPH I get. I've only had 3 pulls done on my '00, and the power went up each time. A lot of people say to have your car cool, I honestly think that at least the '99+ GT's run well when quite warm. JMHO.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that these cars need to be warm. 20 RWHP gain at 6000 rpms is a pretty major difference considering it was back to back. I wish I would have done a 3rd run to see if it increased again.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes I see the same thing but there is still a thing as to hot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your numbers seem fine. Don't put too much stock into comparing them with everyone else. Every dyno can be different. Just use yours as a tool to measure the effects of things you do to your car.

If you calc out your numbers with 15% driveline loss (assuming it's a manual), you're at ~275hp and ~318lb-ft at the flywheel.

In general, it's a good idea to let your car warm up completely and do a few passes until it's pretty consistent.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Your numbers look fine for a 99 .Mine made 232~269 with the same mods.

99up's do like to be warm when you dyno.
Personally i drive a hour to get to a dyno then dyno right away.I like to know what power HOT.Because the guy next to you isnt gonna wait for you to cool down;).

·
Registered
10 Posts
96_Stang_99 said:
If there's grass on the field, you can play. If not, roll 'er over and play in the mud.
That is the sickest thing I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

You're not a Catholic priest by any chance, are you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts