1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
looks like fun, i cant wait.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
sounds good, looks pretty quick! cant wait to do mine. what are the specs on your combo?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're not related to this guy are you :)

Corvette ZR1 FAIL - YouTube
Lol, yep thats my brother.....I atleast know how to handle my car lol.

And notchthis, stock shortblock, gt40x heads, bcam, victor 5.0 intake, 60lb dekas, on3 kit @ about 12lbs. If you look under my youtube account I have another vid of it on a dyno with more specs..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
About what rpm are you seeing full boost? Auto?

I'm trying to figure out that sound in the ZR1 vid. Either a guy had hot coffee and spilled it on his crotch, or there's a wookiee on board. Or a wookiee spilled hot coffee on his crotch. Not something you see every day.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About what rpm are you seeing full boost? Auto?

I'm trying to figure out that sound in the ZR1 vid. Either a guy had hot coffee and spilled it on his crotch, or there's a wookiee on board. Or a wookiee spilled hot coffee on his crotch. Not something you see every day.
Well my stock tach is off but its around 3k, and yes auto.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what kind of track numbers you run..i saw a video on bay area racing that looks like your fox running a 9.96..turbo foxvody sick...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car is definately not that fast lol. With the t5 I pulled an [email protected], but havnt been to the track with the AOD yet. I'm really hoping for a 10.99. I know the MPH is there but its a matter of getting it out of the hole. Its pretty lazy off idle and wont build any boost without using the 2 step and even then my rear brakes wont hold it. So I have some upgrading to do this winter.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My car is definately not that fast lol. With the t5 I pulled an [email protected], but havnt been to the track with the AOD yet. I'm really hoping for a 10.99. I know the MPH is there but its a matter of getting it out of the hole. Its pretty lazy off idle and wont build any boost without using the 2 step and even then my rear brakes wont hold it. So I have some upgrading to do this winter.
Can you build boost on the converter? If you can get it up around 3500rpm you'd be golden. Another option is to add a trans-brake. That'd be real fun lol

B-cam isn't really a good turbo cam either. At least I don't know of alot of people using it. I personally have the E-cam in my car, full boost is on by 2500 (13psi). It's a 5 speed, but 1st and 2nd gear are pretty useless even with the mickey's on. I've seen other "simple" turbo setup's run the F-cam.

Here are the spec's on all of them:
http://www.roushyatesparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/ford_racing_camshafts.pdf

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you build boost on the converter? If you can get it up around 3500rpm you'd be golden. Another option is to add a trans-brake. That'd be real fun lol

B-cam isn't really a good turbo cam either. At least I don't know of alot of people using it. I personally have the E-cam in my car, full boost is on by 2500 (13psi). It's a 5 speed, but 1st and 2nd gear are pretty useless even with the mickey's on. I've seen other "simple" turbo setup's run the F-cam.

Here are the spec's on all of them:
http://www.roushyatesparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/ford_racing_camshafts.pdf
I bought a complete trans setup from a guy that had a blower car that ran 8.90s so I know the converter isnt set up right for my car, and no i cant make any boost just foot braking the car. It will on the 2-step though. I dont want to go with a trans brake, the car rarely sees the track. I had the B-cam in before I did any of the turbo stuff, and obviously isnt a great cam for FI. I plan on changing to the F cam eventually, once I get some motivation to put money into the car again lol.

And to answer your question Vic no i havnt had any issues with the kit yet and its been on the car 2 years now. The stock shortblock is hanging on good, havnt had any loss of oil pressure or blown headgaskets with the 12psi (knock on wood) It will eventually get a dart block based stroker so I can put a bigger turbo and more boost to it.. I want a 1000hp street car :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts