Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just emailed and told them we are bringing our car:

http://www.carcraft.com/eventcoverage/schedule/ccrp_0912w_engine_swap_drags/index.html

Hoping to win and make some good articles in car craft. Also planning on driving the car to the event (8 hour drive) with truck and trailer behind.

we've got the LSx motor and F2 cog drive procharger ready for it as soon as it comes out of paint in a couple weeks.....Already pulled out the 9 sec LS1 combo that was in it

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Interesting contest. Although in the N/A class, the LS should destroy everything else. The MODs don't stand a chance and the Hemi is still not as developped as the LS (unless someone shows up with a fully customized, i.e. uber expensive, piece of equipment,).

In the F/I class it will be a toss-up.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are bringing a 2nd vehicle (customers build)... a 72 Chevy Pickup... Currently the fastest LS based truck in the country.

Has been 8.9x and usually runs low 9's... LSx 427" /w F1 procharger. Truck drives on the street regularally and runs on pump gas 91 /w methanol on the street. (only 12lb/boost, customer doesnt want anymore out of it).

Video at our old shop (just moved to new bigger shop last month):

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
How much does that truck weights? I thought it was a complete truck including the interior. Don't get me wrong, it's a fast truck nonetheless. I just love complete cars and sleepers.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does that truck weights? I thought it was a complete truck including the interior. Don't get me wrong, it's a fast truck nonetheless. I just love complete cars and sleepers.
The only thing not complete in the interior is the race seat. Truck has alot of extra cage work etc to make it legal, safe and hook. Still all steel original body front to back.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
off sub,but how in the hell are your cars so light? just really noticed your sig...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
just wondering,if you don't mind could ya pm me any tips or tricks........that is if ya don't mind.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just wondering,if you don't mind could ya pm me any tips or tricks........that is if ya don't mind.

Search the build pics I think I posted awhile back. Take the car down to a bare shell then only put back what you need.

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
The only thing not complete in the interior is the race seat. Truck has alot of extra cage work etc to make it legal, safe and hook. Still all steel original body front to back.
Ahhh! Thanks for the answer and good luck in the competions.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I think its kinda stupid that it is a swap challenge but they wont let RWD imports like say a supra or RX7 compete...

Good luck in the race though, I think you should try and win the N/A class too, just take the belt off and throw a different intake pipe on it haha, that would be sweet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts