1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
i rather like it. and the automatic has a sport mode where you can manually select the gears, you just dont have a clutch.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

I think it looks good. If you thought Ford was bringing out anything like the fan generated concept drawings or the concept vehicle they showed off a few years ago, you were fooling yourself. The cost of bringing that vehicle to market versus the potential actual sales in way too low.

Ford needs to sell lots of trucks to lots of different people from many walks of life with very different needs. Hardcore guys are not nearly big enough a market by themselves.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I would hope they don't make it look even remotely close to the Everest because that would just dirty up the Bronco name.

Spied! Mule for 2020 Ford Bronco Caught Testing in Michigan - Motor Trend

Based on these spy photos, you might think Ford has decided to waste the Bronco name on a warmed-over Everest. But based on what Raj Nair, Ford’s chief technical officer, told Autoline back in January, it doesn’t sound like that’s Ford’s plan. In that interview, Nair said the “Bronco is completely unique from that Everest.”

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Never heard of this Troller from Brazil, but it could negate much of my speculation. Some tweeks on styling would definitely bring the concept truck to reality.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I hope/wish the new bronco would do a rear clam shell set of doors like the FJ myself. A full on 4 door is not a deal breaker just would like something more like a Bronco and not like the 1st gen explorer. Body on frame like the Ranger should make a nice setup and 4 doors makes it the smaller version of the Expedition. I just cant see all the various suv/cross over platforms living after the bronco, thinking this will fit either between the Edge and Explorer or be above the explorer as a more budget friendly Expedition that is some overlap.

Hope the price is not retarded, but honestly all car prices are a bit retarded IMHO. We picked up a 17 Escape in titanium trim in Oct, was looking at several others but stumbled onto a great used deal (3k miles and 10k off new price). Would not mind looking at Bronco's as our 09 Fusion will need replacing around then.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
i rather like it. and the automatic has a sport mode where you can manually select the gears, you just dont have a clutch.
The Shifter looks like any other boring Slushbox to me, I just cannot get into Automatics. A Naturally Aspirated V6 with a 6 Speed Manual is what i was hoping to see.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t know how anyone can be “excited” or even slightly like the idea of a rebadged Everest.

It may be a fine body-on SUV in the global market but it is boring and should not have the Bronco nameplate put on it.

The troller is a very South American car. I don’t see it selling well here, reference the first gen Tracker.

And the argument about not making a stand out looking Bronco on the Ranger frame dosent hold water. Using that logic then there should never be any variance in any car from one manufacturer at all.

Those fan renders at BroncoG6 were mostly amazing. I didn’t expect ford to do exactly that but using design cues and body lines and size from the f series was pretty great and keeping it in the Ford family.

Rebadged Everest is utter fail.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
https://blog.caranddriver.com/potential-ford-everest-raptor-could-pave-the-way-for-a-bronco-raptor/

Rumor persists of the new Bronco being a rebadged Everest. F that crap.

It’s cool, I guess, it could get the Raptor treatment. But it’s still just an Everest wearing a Bronco badge.

If true, Fail Ford, Fail.

My guess would be starting price for a base Everco starting in the $30k as well.
I'd love a new bronco but man I'm just too cheap to buy a new vehicle now.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That Troller could totally be the foundation of new Bronco. It's body on frame, with stick axles at both ends. Lengthen a bit and drop on a body designed to be the new Bronco buyers want and boom done.

But I won't count on that happening. If the production line is set up for and building the new Ranger and the Everest is the same underneath (more or less) as the Ranger, my money would be on the Everest getting redesigned to be more "North American" in design with the Bronco name on it.

In reading about this elsewhere I also read the Explorer may be going back to RWD status.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/01/2020-ford-explorer-details/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts