Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im about 95% sure this is what I want to do. Ie done the HCI route before. Im liking the turbo idea. I havent really heard many cons to this kit and going turbo other than cost. I would much rather pay for quality and less headache so Im good with the cost. I have a 91 5.0 that is bone stock other than 3:27 gear. What kind of numbers should I expect with the turbo kit, fuel pump, injectors, and MAF? Gonna keep the stock bottom end, and heads for now. Any benefit to upgrading the intake or cam with the stock heads? Any other thoughts or input? I dont want this to be a drag car. I want it to be a fun, drivable around town car. Its not my main car...just a toy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ive heard too many stories of the On3 stuff to spend my money it. It may be ok but Im not gonna take that chance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I found their kits to be $4,000 now...not that that is cheap haha. I cant really find much info on the B&G kits. I dont want to cut the car up. I want the kit bolt up and go. I dont watn to deal with fitment issues and huge suprises. Ive heard nothing but good things about Hellion. Im willing to pay more for it to be right.....

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Well I found their kits to be $4,000 now...not that that is cheap haha. I cant really find much info on the B&G kits. I dont want to cut the car up. I want the kit bolt up and go. I dont watn to deal with fitment issues and huge suprises. Ive heard nothing but good things about Hellion. Im willing to pay more for it to be right.....
Great system, if we can help let us know we offer free shipping as well.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Great choice I'll be doing the same thing in the near further . An Chris will be Man I'll be dealing with . Great guy an service . My set-up will be on a 363 I'll be going with the Percision Turbo upgrade also .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend Hellion for quality, performance, fit, and customer service!!!!
My kit went on without much trouble and it WORKS! Car makes 441hp and 555lb/ft at the tire on a stock motor with a 255 pump, 42# injectors, and a lightning MAF. easy breezy.

Been on the car for a year now and i love it. Never had a problem with it. The only install issue (which was not Hellion's fault) i had was the stock motor mounts were decrepit and the passenger header hit the inner fender, replaced the mounts and bingo. You get what you pay for in my experience.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend Hellion for quality, performance, fit, and customer service!!!!
My kit went on without much trouble and it WORKS! Car makes 441hp and 555lb/ft at the tire on a stock motor with a 255 pump, 42# injectors, and a lightning MAF. easy breezy.

Been on the car for a year now and i love it. Never had a problem with it. The only install issue (which was not Hellion's fault) i had was the stock motor mounts were decrepit and the passenger header hit the inner fender, replaced the mounts and bingo. You get what you pay for in my experience.
Wasn't your kit installed for a magazine build/article?

·
4,309 Posts
To answer your intake and cam question. The intake is going to hurt power more so than the heads. So swapping intakes or even just the upper will help a good bit. For cam, well of you swap that out then your stock valve springs would be an issue. Stock cam is good for more than stock block breaking power. I'd leave the cam alone until the day you do the heads.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think the Hellion kits come complete with everything you need like injectors, etc. I know the B&G kit I had only came with the piping, intercooler, BOV, wastegate, and turbo. With the Hellion kit you get alot of those little extras that youll need, which is why the Hellion kits cost alittle more.

You cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wasn't your kit installed for a magazine build/article?
Yes, for Car Craft. I did the install and i own, drive, and race the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts