Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought the 93 teal,faded paint and clear peeling Mustang. It has black 4 cyl interior. Drivers seat is faded rest looks good. manual windows. All stock suspension but new Napa shocks, struts and 4 cylinder springs. Converted to 5 lug. LS1 out of a 98 Trans Am and 4l60E tranns with Yank converter 3200. Has AJE crossmember, headers and a small cam. Now whats cool is that he made all the stock gauges work, a/c and p/s. Inside it looks bone stock, with the nitrous gauge and fuel pressure gauge in the glove box. Car in full street trim (small drag radials runs 11:80s na. no nitrous pass yet. This is in the heat of the day and on 235/60/15 BFG drag radials. I drove it all day yesterday and its an animal. Runs like a stocker till you hit the gas pedal. Sounds different as it has stainless Borla exhaust.
heres a few pics

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Love the reef blue coupes! 11:80's n/a is a stout street car for sure.

When does it get the squeeze at the track?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to get a tune first to make sure its all good. 'm just tickled pink to be able to go this fast and still have a/c, p/s and just a good ride in general.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice Sleeper...............I missed my stolen 90 LX..........

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Sleeper...............I missed my stolen 90 LX..........
I'm thinking of installing my 4 lug 31 spline axles and posi, the front is just 5 lug Lincoln rotors so back to 4 lug is easy and a set of 10 holes and now your talking sleeper :cool:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congrads! If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it? Ive seen these cars al over the place in price. I love ho it still has a/c on it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6500, I was on here before asking if that was a fair price. yep he even made all the stock gauges work and the p/s. He has had this car for 7 years, one of the few and first back then to do a LS1 car

·
Registered
557 Posts
Damn you got a deal! I will be checking for updates. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Can you get some details about the A/C setup? I bet I know the answer, but does the car have a front swaybar?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have to ask about the a/c on how he set it up. I know the hose to the GM compressor he went to a hydralic hose place with the Ford end and GM end and told them what he needed. No swaybar on the car, if I remember right you can add spacers to where the bar bolts too and then run a shorter link.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I need to get on the ball with my 93 RB coupe. I've got some ported 243s (Z06) and going carbed with a medium sized cam.

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice man, it should go faster then 11.80 once you get it dialed in. I would say 11.50s for sure with a good 60'.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
:eek: Oooooooooooooo looks good. We spoke about this car when i went to pick up the notch. Looks real good. I can make another trip down if you want to go 4 lug :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey Angel I picked up all the 4 lug stuff today,except rear drums. hmm what are you doing with the springs and air bag and the upper and lower arms? I have a Flamming river rack with a torn boot.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
most likely gonna sell the stuff off. Picking up tubular uppers & lowers in about a week or so.

What are you doing with the rims and tires currently on the car?

hey Angel I picked up all the 4 lug stuff today,except rear drums. hmm what are you doing with the springs and air bag and the upper and lower arms? I have a Flamming river rack with a torn boot.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its going back to the guy who sold me the LS1 coupe.
when your ready pm me a price on the stuff.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well going to the 1/8th mile track with both daughters ready to drive it. will post there times later tonight.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
leaving it in drive and a small burnout to just clean the tires it went
7.406 @ 91.03 mph with a 1.627 60' time 1/8th mile.
my daughter went 7.70's @93. with I think 1.9 60' time. She just goes to the start and eases into it. No burnout, just an easy pass. For a 16 year old she did great. The fastest she went before was 9.60's, and she is so hooked. lol
she was asking all about the nitrous and when can we use it! I'm in trouble.

·
Registered
124 Posts
7.4 puts you at about an 11.50 1/4. Sounds right on to me.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
well I bought a set of 10 way adjustable Strange shocks and struts. going to wait till I get springs and lower and upper arms next and then install it all at once.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts