Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a question concerning welding subframe connectors. MM says in their instructions to use a drive-on lift. A shop was telling me that they put the car on four 2.5 tons lifts and this loads the suspension. They put one under each control arm and on each side of the rear axle. MM says that they will only recommend a drive-on lift. My question: Is the 4 post method as good as the drive-on lift?

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
As long as the suspension is fully loaded and the car is level I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
yup, loaded suspension (any way achieved) is fine.

adam

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'd call MM...they'll tell you for sure...I would prefer the lift method and have gotten accounts of people using the stated method with poor results...i.e a brand new 04 cobra whose owner couldn't open the doors after this method was used...find a place with a lift it shouldn't cost much more money...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
alilpsi said:
I'd call MM...they'll tell you for sure...I would prefer the lift method and have gotten accounts of people using the stated method with poor results...i.e a brand new 04 cobra whose owner couldn't open the doors after this method was used...find a place with a lift it shouldn't cost much more money...
Couldn't open the doors?! Did they have only one corner of the car on a jackstand when they welded the SBF connectors on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts