Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a V-band flange that I can weld directly onto the a T3 exhaust housing?
I am looking for a ring/flange that I can weld onto the exh. housing that goes from the 2.5" opening to a 3" V-band.

thnx
ks

·
Registered
419 Posts
They're not 2.5" 4 bolt outlets?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're not 2.5" 4 bolt outlets?
Nope.
I've also contacted the builder of these turbos so see if he has a 4-bolt version that will work but I haven't heard from him yet but even if he does I "think" I may still want to weld on a flange for space limitations.

ks

·
Registered
419 Posts
CXRacing has the adapter flange for 4 bolt to 3 v band. A couple of them came with their twin kit.

·
Formerly known as 20thAniv
1,275 Posts
Have you checked with Racepartsolutions.com? If they don't have it, I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked with Racepartsolutions.com? If they don't have it, I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.
I couldn't find what I wanted there. I've seen the 5-bolt flanges with the ring already welded which may work but I don't want to deal with the flange.

Like most everything else I'll probably have to make it myself but I was hoping to just buy one. No big deal.. I'm in the process of designing my own front sway bar to work with all the turbo piping.. $$$ :(

ks

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
204 Posts
Are you looking to mount a 4-bolt turbo onto a v-band hotside? I found out the hard way my 4-bolt turbo was an older style that used an on-center exhaust housing. Newer hotsides assume you are going to mount a tangential style exhaust housing. After paying to have my 4-bolt flange cut off and a v-band flange welded on I discovered the turbo would not fit properly onto the tangential hotside. $100 lesson. But I remedied the problem with a newer and sweeter turbo :)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you looking to mount a 4-bolt turbo onto a v-band hotside? I found out the hard way my 4-bolt turbo was an older style that used an on-center exhaust housing. Newer hotsides assume you are going to mount a tangential style exhaust housing. After paying to have my 4-bolt flange cut off and a v-band flange welded on I discovered the turbo would not fit properly onto the tangential hotside. $100 lesson. But I remedied the problem with a newer and sweeter turbo :)
No. I have two new turbos that use a 5-bolt downpipe flange and I'm going to convert them to use a v-band flange. Due to possible space limitations I'm just going to weld on the v-band flange onto the exhaust housing instead of buying those "5-bolt to v-band" adapters.

ks

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts