Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
US Army Retired
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics, details on the Chevy? We see plenty of 'stanges here.
Common driver stuff, nothing really custom.. 30 over 350 chevy that came out of old 71 Malibu I had as a kid, TH 350 trans, modern ignition, heat and AC, stock type rear end, 17 inch wheels lowered a little bit, has sway bars front and rear to make it less boat like when driven.

The neatest fact to me is it was my moms first car. My grandfather bought it used in '61 and gave it to my mom as a graduation present in '64(he passed shortly after). She gave it to me just a couple of months before she passed away. See if I can get a pic or two up later.

·
US Army Retired
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 25 year old body on frame restoration. All the chrome and stainless is original to the car. The only sheet metal not original to the car is truck lid.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,141 Posts
Hold on to that Chevy - the values on 2-door hardtop 57 Chevys have sky rocketed over the last few years. Especially one in the condition like yours - very nice!! Besides being highly sought after and collectible, due to its history I'm sure yours has a lot of sentimental value.

·
US Army Retired
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hold on to that Chevy - the values on 2-door hardtop 57 Chevys have sky rocketed over the last few years. Especially one in the condition like yours - very nice!! Besides being highly sought after and collectible, due to its history I'm sure yours has a lot of sentimental value.
Way more sentimental value than anything. :smile2:

·
US Army Retired
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All that work put into the car, and it's still got a single pot master? Scary.
Got front discs though. That is on the list of upgrades though. If it was driven more often I would be super concerned but no more than what I drive it, its not a problem. No power steering either, makes me feel like I'm really driving a car.

Worst vehicle I have ever driven brake wise was a 68 Cutlass supreme with hydraulic brakes all the way around. Now that was scary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts