Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i took my car to work..its like 20 degrees out..car runs fine...on was on the Highway made a few nice blasts got off stopped at a light took of got on it a little let off and it popped...very weird...never did that before...wonder if its because its really cold out?...AFR was fine too..didnt loose power just one POP...that was it...kinda scared me...LOL...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pop out of where exhaust, intake, or did it sound internal? Could be detonation since it was cold out.
I think it was the intake...not sure...i have dumps could have been exhaust i know that doesnt help...i just came off the highway stopped at a light took of got on it a little heard a pop let right off seemed ok after that..it was cold this morning...never really drove it when it was this cold...but should that change things that much on the tune?..I do also spray meth too..and i was in boost alot this morning..and i know it was spraying it into the intake tube...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Sounds like a lean pop. If you haven't spent a lot of time dialing in the tune at those temps you very well could have seen a condition the tune is just a tad off at as I know I haven't really dialed anything in below 30° and it's noticeable on the occasion I move the car around or take it down the road in the winter. It probably occurred for such a short time that the w/b didn't register it, or you just didn't glance at the precise time when, or if it even sampled that particular time. But I don't mess w/forced induction either so take it fwiw.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Probably was lean . Took mine out the other night when the temp was on the 20's and it leaned out when I was in second.......did your w/b or pyrometer have any odd readings ?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not that i noticed...hasnt done it since tho....took it today got in it har a few times no problems had to be because of the cold...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts