Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing to get weight out of the car? How can you get weight off of it without making the car look like it's gutted?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow i read the whole thread, learned alot. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
yep, its been covered in that thread.

As far as interior weight removal and not being visible, you'll have to pull out all the panels and carpet and remove all the insulation from behind panels and the underside of the carpet (it peels away from the carpet easily). Then get after the stick on floor insulation with a putty knife. I would remove the back seat and rear carpet and replace it with black carpet and some cheap 1/8" thick wall board to look clean. That rear seat is heavy.

I won't go into all the exterior stuff that can be done, lots of little not so needed pieces to remove along with a/c stuff, etc...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a k-member kit and coils overs, took all the acc. off, took all the stuff out of the back. My car weighed 3011 lbs without me. I thought my car was skinny, till i read that thread. Im going to do some of those things i read about. I want it to be light, but not gutted so to speak. Thanks for the tips!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I put a k-member kit and coils overs, took all the acc. off, took all the stuff out of the back. My car weighed 3011 lbs without me. I thought my car was skinny, till i read that thread. Im going to do some of those things i read about. I want it to be light, but not gutted so to speak. Thanks for the tips!!
and 3115 with you in it.....lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't hate on me because i can see my shoes.:blam:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
FWIW, my current coupe weight is 2950 with 230 lbs driver, so 2720 without driver
That is with a 14 point mild steel roll cage, mini-tubs, 9" rear, and billet streetlite wheels.
The Cervini hood is heavy because it is their high $$$ hood that has all the painted surface/skin on the under side (need to trade it for a carbon fiber hood!).

Otherwise, the car is completely gutted of all wiring except stripped headlight and tail light harness and the essentials to run the car (fan, ignition, starter, fuel pumps, light switch on toggle, line lock)
Still has door panels, black carpet, and gutted dash with factory gauge cluster for looks.
Still has both front and rear bumpers, probably going to remove the rear bumper soon though. Front bumper only being 15-20 lbs at most, I think I'll leave it for safety and bumper support. (I wrecked my white car with no front bumper and it wasn't pretty!)
Manual windows, no lock actuators, removed door bars, etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts