Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a deal on an On3 Single Turbo kit with a 70mm turbo. My car is BONE stock, but I'm adding some Alum heads 2.02/1.60 and probably an F cam... I'll be running E85 through a FiTech 1200HP EFI, my question is should I go with a dual plane Weiand Stealth or a Parker Funnel Web??

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I know our setups are different, but for reference, my 92lx, stock 5.0 shortblock, Victor jr intake, Holley carb, extreme velocity hat, 1" spacer, the shortest motor mounts I could possibly use, won't clear my 4" cowl. This is with my carb hat facing forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know our setups are different, but for reference, my 92lx, stock 5.0 shortblock, Victor jr intake, Holley carb, extreme velocity hat, 1" spacer, the shortest motor mounts I could possibly use, won't clear my 4" cowl. This is with my carb hat facing forward.
Damn! I didn't think it was that tall! I'm just gonna use the Spectre hat on the Fitech...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to save for an aftermarket block!
I'm an opportunistic guy, I could have already built a stroker motor on a Boss or Dart block... But I got a deal on the turbo kit and I don't want the car to just sit in the garage collecting dust... I'll get to the motor, maybe after I blow this one up :grin2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So aside from hood clearance issues.... Parker Funnel Web or Weiand Stealth... It'll be running E85, bone stock other than that... I know a guy with a bone stock 302 with an E cam that made 406rwhp with 6psi and an On3 70mm kit... I'm hoping for something similar (to get started)...

My fuel system is 8AN PTFE braided fuel hose, 6AN PTFE braided return hose, a 340lph in tank pump... And FiTech 1200 PA...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If I had to choose between the two, I think I'd go with the weiand. Have you contacted Fitech to get their opinion?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts