Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im considering buying a 174 blower for one of my cars does anybody know of any problems or why I shouldn't use one of these blowers? if I do get talked out of running this blower im probably gonna shoot 150 shot of nitrous which would be better in your opinion? the car is a stock bottom end 88 ho mustang with a set of ported and reworked pro comp 205s aluminum heads (upgraded valve train) 1.6 roller rockers x303 cam airgap intake 750 proform double pumper

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve got one on my falcon. Bought it used and have been running it for about 3 years. It’s a lot of fun. Looks good. Sounds good and if your looking for say 5 to 9 lbs. of boost it’ll do you just fine. My only problems come when I try to get get more boost than that my switching to a smaller pulley. It tends to burn the belt up or throw it off. I plan to work on adding a wrap pulley this winter to help with that.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I've been running one with similar comments. They do get hot on gas and I run E85 so I don't have problems but i could see issues for a gasoline engine maybe. small upper pulleys cause some gnarly belt slip and the tensioner isn't great so i think the best bet is using vortech cog stuff but I haven't done it myself to confirm. I've only been told by other users on yellowbullet.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Just use a Vortech/Paxton Novi/Procharger and do a blowthrough setup.
ANY of those are much more efficient and will have lower intake air temps than that roots blower.

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts