Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
These kits have come down in price a lot if my old brain cells are right. These kits were PriCeY 20 years ago. The greatest challenge will be to hook it up to the PMS InterACQ and get it to read right. Maybe I need to join your FB group as not a lot of input is coming here. I assume you get quick or quick enough input from those in the group? Can you send info if so?

It looks like I may get started with 10sec’s items perhaps. But even kits from Summit are cheap it seems. Just one sensor and not two though. Wow this will be nice to finally add to my coupe and data logging.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Weird now my laptop no longer recognizes my registered copy. I’ve got to get this figured out...

·
Registered
90 Posts
These kits have come down in price a lot if my old brain cells are right. These kits were PriCeY 20 years ago. The greatest challenge will be to hook it up to the PMS InterACQ and get it to read right. Maybe I need to join your FB group as not a lot of input is coming here. I assume you get quick or quick enough input from those in the group? Can you send info if so?

It looks like I may get started with 10sec’s items perhaps. But even kits from Summit are cheap it seems. Just one sensor and not two though. Wow this will be nice to finally add to my coupe and data logging.
I've used AEM, Innovate, and 14point7 W/B setups. Give 14poit7 a good look. A spartan2 is probably all you need with your setup. All outside of the PMS system you have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok making progress. The system forgets its registered BUT when I go into the HELP section to register and hit OK, the codes are accepted and the software no longer tells me it’s unregistered. Odd but what ever.

Next to hook her up to the PMS in the stang and see if the systems work together as they should.

One step at a time. If I was only retired!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok making progress. The system forgets its registered BUT when I go into the HELP section to register and hit OK, the codes are accepted and the software no longer tells me it’s unregistered. Odd but what ever.

Next to hook her up to the PMS in the stang and see if the systems work together as they should.

One step at a time. If I was only retired!!

What series PMS are you running? What wideband did you get? I am interested in how they work together with the analog o2 output of the wideband.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have the purple colored box. I forget what series that was. I had all the ones before that also as we discussed.

I don't have the com port working right quite yet. Once I have that up and going I’ll look into a wide band.I’ve been traveling a bit on business and we had some flooding here with the rains so I’ve not been able to progress like I’d wished quite yet. I’ll keep you posted on it though. I plan to burn the flash drive this weekend and mail it out to you Monday.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I have the interacq instructions I can email to someone if needed. Just pm me your email address.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks I have the instructions too. My issue is getting the laptop and ACQ to communicate in the com port.

Additionally I am using an adapter wire that converts the 9 pin connector to a USB and it just isn’t working yet. I am going to have a more computer savvy guy at work look at it and hopefully get me rolling this week.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
The serial to USB adapters are hit and miss getting them to work. Sometimes you have to try a few. I have had good luck with the Aten brand as well as another. I'll see if I can find it and post up the brand.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Ok ACQ is working ... kinda. My laptop had some USBs set to COM ports higher than COM4 which ACQ didn’t recognize (like 7 and higher). That’s why I couldn’t get it connected.

Now I can get the Monitor working for a few seconds but it keeps shutting off pretty quickly. It will restart but again for up to 10 sec or so and stop.

We think it may be this USB -9pin hardware. I’ll buy a new one and see if that finally gets me working again.

Slowly but surely making progress here.....

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here’s my previous blue and black adapter and the new silver one piece I just ordered on Amazon that was the best rated I found.
Hopefully this will get me back up and fully running..... and can make a move on WBO2 setup!

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts