Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any advice somewhere on hooking up wide bands to the PMS InterACQ system? I have run this system for 20+ years (lol) and maybe it’s time I add that capability.

RAFMS doesn’t seem to list it anymore. I suppose it’s Old School now!
I started on this system when it was manufactured by Crane and just kept upgrading.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I haven't run a PMS for over 12 years. It's all a blur. :)
The guy that made the interacq is Paul from plus one micro I believe. Maybe you can find his contact info somewhere?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We used to be able to buy a WBO2 kit from Anderson but I see that boat has sailed. Just hoping I can run into someone here who can share the info with me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you have the InterACQ software, you can run a newer wide band , the software gives you the ability to change the settings so that it can read the different wide band. Unfortunately, I do not have the software ( running a PMS series 4 ) so I do not know how to do it. Wish I had the software but Paul no longer offers it.
Hopefully someone else on here can help you or if you are on Facebook, I started a PMS users page on there. Maybe someone on there can help. I know a few guys on there are running the InterACQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I am running InterACQ on laptop. Hmmm maybe I need to reactivate my FB account. I just hate the politics which I am easily sucked into.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d also like to see where good places to buy WBO2 sensors are and what type I should get.. ... but first things first.... find someone to help educate me on what needs to be done to make it work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I understand the FB politics, totally get that. I can post up on the page and see if anyone can help. I will post here if I hear anything.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’d be awesome. Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is what was posted so far:

In the software you are able to build a customized sensor scale. You can name and plot points based on the 0-5 volt input. Keep in mind the wideband input is not used as tune feedback like the narrowband sensors are. They are for readout and dataloging only. They can’t help reach a commanded afr.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is great. Thanks so much. I have built a custom screen with gauges for various items (fuel%, timing, temps, etc) that’s no big deal. But there’s much more to it than that.

If we don’t get feed back here I might need to open FB again to avoid you being the “third wheel” here.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ultimately I’ll need hard wire hookup instructions etc. I wrote my own spark timing and fuel injector tables but that was 20 years ago and I’ll need refreshing myself on how to use ACQ again and especially hooking up and getting the WBO2 sensors functioning.

My LTHs I had extra added bungs welded in before ceramic coating as I knew this day would one day come. Just didn’t expect it to take 20 yrs to get here. Lol.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be nice if these sensors got a tad cheaper than when last I looked 10-15 years ago. As I recall they were pricey then. Maybe off brands are fine these days too? I look forward to recommendations on which brands to use. So many questions.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this is a good sample of what WBO2 sensors have dropped to in price, I’d be very pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I have two of the UEGO 1000 widebands that were designed to be used with the PMS. If you’re interested in them Let me know. Should be the easiest hookup possible.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely interested. PM-ing you my email so we can chat on them.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bugger. My InterACQ system isn’t recognizing it’s a registered copy. It’s been years since I tried to run this program. I’ve emailed Paul at plus1mindspring but not gotten a response.

Does anyone have new contact info for him? I think I last got his advice when I needed to learn how to run the program as an administrator on a newer version of Windows. Darned if I can work it out now. Windows 7 here for my car laptop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I do know that you need to go into your laptop settings and have it run the program as windows XP or 2000, which ever version your software was made for. You will have to do that every time you use the software. Only know that because I read it in the PMS FAQ section on a different forum.
As for Paul, last time I emailed him it took a week or so to hear back and he said the software was no longer available and his company no longer wanted him to do anything with it support wise.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, resending registration codes in and I am BACK in! Cool!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope not yet. And I emailed him again saying don’t bother all is well. So I don’t expect to.... but if he does check in I’ll post here too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts