Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help guys. it's the car in my sig, running 42's, 3" protube i have a EEC tuner. This thing is running so rich i dont want to take it around the block. Where should i start looking? i put in the proper injector slopes and transfer function for the MAF, i just am not sure what else to start checking at this point. It's friggin awesome outside, i should be driving the thing, not working on it! :cool:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could probably use new ones, but this is happening even before the o2's warm up. And when i say rich, i mean its so bad its almost like a car with bad rings blowing smoke....well not that bad, but close.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
what's the A/F ratio like? Where is the placement of the MAF and bypass/BOV? fuel pressure? Are there sharp bends before or after the MAF?

You may need to adjust you transfer function to fit your specific installation.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know my A/F ratios, i havent installed the wideband yet. my MAF is located approximately where the stock air filter location is. there are a few bends between the intercooler and the MAF but nothing uncommon for a twin setup. do you think that might be the reason? i know you have to compensate for the bends but i didnt think it would be this bad.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i dont know my A/F ratios, i havent installed the wideband yet. my MAF is located approximately where the stock air filter location is. there are a few bends between the intercooler and the MAF but nothing uncommon for a twin setup. do you think that might be the reason? i know you have to compensate for the bends but i didnt think it would be this bad.
getting that wideband hooked up will help figure out how bad it really is.

Try rotating the MAF to see if it improves. Position it so the sampling tube is on the outside of the bend before the MAF.

Got any vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hook up the wideband......its a must if you want to make any "real" changes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no cats, but i havent had cats in 6 years and it was never a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts