Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please just explain how they hook up, nothing real in detail, I just want to get it straight in my mind. I do a lot of autocrossing and I think these gauges might come in handy...don't want to build another engine. I already have a boost gauge and a elec. fuel press. gauge. Are there others i need? Thanks for the info.

Dave

If this question doesn't make sense, then it is probably b/c of sleep deprevation and the fact that it is laaaate. Yeah, so thanks.:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Water temp and oil pressure are two gauges that I wouldn't want to be without considering the factory gauges are worthless. I tapped into my water neck for the temp gauge, but I can't remember the thread size. Just make sure it's the same as the sender that you intend to mount there. It works great and when the engine is cold, you really can tell when the thermostat opens for the first time. After that, during normal weather and cruising, it's right at 195, right where it should be... Dead on balls accurate. For oil temp, I grounded out the factory sending wire and replaced the factory sender with the autometer sender. Works like a charm. No adapters were needed. Very easy install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...just what i needed to hear.

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
:confused: I have the same question on the water temp, what do you consider the "water neck" on the 4vave motor? I want to add a water temp gauge but I do not want to disconnect the factory gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts