Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in process of getting this engine together, and I want to replace the 2 rubber hoses from the water pump to the intake and heater lines. I can find the basic 90* one to the intake, but not the one from the pump to the steel lines. Is that a preformed or just bulk hose?

Water pump differences. The truck water pump has larger holes where it meets to the timing cover. The Mustang's is a round hole, where the truck's matches the timing cover hole shape (see picture). Is there an advantage to one over the other?? The one picture shows the 2 hoses I need. I tried looking on LMR and the site times out.

Ceramic coatings... Do they help prevent the header from rusting out? I have cast iron manifolds, but I am probably going to have to cut the heads of the bolts off to remove them from the old engine. I was kicking around the idea of headers. The picture of the manifold should show you why I am concerned about rust - those manifolds are only a few years old, this thing is driven year-round. I'm probably just going to get studs and use them instead of the bolts, but still curious of header coatings.

I also have included a picture of the crank and water pump pulleys, just for kicks. The cleaner black ones (larger crank) is the truck engine set.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
That level of rust would appear to be salt related to me. I don’t know how many of us drive our stangs in winter salt type conditions to answer your header question.

Mine doesn’t see salt ever. My ceramic coated headers have about 25 yrs on the coating and it’s still looking pretty good and still get compliments.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I live in NE Ohio in the Rust Belt. This is my CJ, so if the weather is bad, it's my go-to vehicle. Plus, the fact that my garage is damp from unsealed concrete in the Spring, that doesn't help.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts