Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Tial 44mm WG and I see that sum people run the WG back through the downpipe and some just dump it does it make a difference on how you do it?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would it be loader with the dump? Would that be the only difference if it went back in to the dp it would just go through Exhaust to make it quiter

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks that's what I was kinda thinking after a asked the question

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
If you route it back into the exhaust you have to make sure you do it in a way that doesn't signficantly obstruct flow or you could end up with boost creep if the wastegate can't effectively evacuate the exhaust.

Depending on where you put it a dump tube on the wastegate can quiet it down a bit without putting it back into the downpipe.

It is really a matter of your tolerance for noise...the open wastegates don't bother me.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I made a real nice post comparing my dumped wastegate vs routed into the DP

Open DP is trash imo

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1175129&highlight=

·
Registered
195 Posts
It will just be be louder if you dump it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Icic I gess I'll just have to wate till it's done to deside what way I want it to sound,

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a reason for dumped wastegate rather then routed, its not really for the sound. Yes it is way louder with open dump but in return reduced backpressure and the boost is held much steadier. I have had first hand experience with this on my dsm. If I dialed 25psi it would hit 25psi and pretty much hold rock steady where re-routed back into downpipe the boost would flutter a bit. Also in factor come to play how much boost is run and the size of downpipe used. Routing back into 4" downpipe rather then 3" downpipe will make a big difference as well.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm thinking 4" DP then to my roush side exit exhaust

1 - 10 of 10 Posts