Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
intake tube or vacuum line from intake....if you're going to run a lot of boost 20+ pounds, you'll need a positive in line (off turbo or off intake)...I made 19 pounds off a line off the intake...

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
manifold is ok but just keep it mind that in theory the turbo could run away on you if you ever have a bad coupling, intercooler, etc

i actually plan on installing extra pressure sensor at the turbo compressor which i will log via my anderson pms interacq and will be a good way to see the pressure drop across the intercooler or if there's ever a issue

·
Registered
299 Posts
Rusty, the turbo is the best option, and the only one in my opinion. When do I get to see this beast?

·
Registered
568 Posts
i think closest possible to the TB is best.

Otherwise, lets say mounted at the turbo and you're using springs to tune for boost or a boost controller, the engine will see less actual boost due to the pressure drop after the intercooler and piping.

Closer to the intake manifold you are the more accurate your wastegate will regulate. Or atleast thats how i always interpreted it, and i read read and read some more when i was making my turbo kit and never had a problem with it set up like this

Just my .02, take it for what its worth :D

http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_wginstall.pdf

·
Registered
568 Posts
Explain please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i know youre not talking to me, but what he is saying that is that if there is a very bad leak in your cold side, that the wastegate would just stay closed because there wouldnt be pressure (from leaks) to tell it to open. The turbo would in theory keep spinning higher and higher until.....

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
i think closest possible to the TB is best
i thought this won't show vacuum and hence you need it after the tb

i know youre not talking to me, but what he is saying that is that if there is a very bad leak in your cold side, that the wastegate would just stay closed because there wouldnt be pressure (from leaks) to tell it to open. It would in theory keep spinning higher and higher until.....
exactly. there are companies who sell speed sensors that monitor your turbo shaft speed. odds of it happening... who knows???

·
Registered
568 Posts
pkstang.. ive never heard of anyone having to run VACUUM to the wastegate... maybe i am missing something, or they may have evolved since last time i've put one together (2008)

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
my bad i'm in anderson pms mode... map sensor

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
i know youre not talking to me, but what he is saying that is that if there is a very bad leak in your cold side, that the wastegate would just stay closed because there wouldnt be pressure (from leaks) to tell it to open. The turbo would in theory keep spinning higher and higher until.....
duh. brain fart.

thanks man:salute:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would think if there's a leak that bad then the motor wouldnt make enough power to spin the turbo that fast. Not sayin its not possible though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts