Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here knows where I might be able to find a external wastegate from. Like where the guys get turbos for the jy build ups, I need to get an old, cheap, stockish wastegate from some car. What cars came w/ external gates? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) I totally agree with you. However, this is not for a turbo'd car. I'm trying to make something for my supercharged car. I'd rather not spend the money on one if I can't make it work. But I have been looking around, and 200 is about the lowest like you said. I guess I could sell it on ebay, since it would still be new, not running any exhaust through it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have an old wastegate you could pick up for 50 dollars if you can find a diagphram for it .What are you going to use it for, to regulate boost with a small pulley?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my goal. And I could use a boost controller to regulate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What you might want to consider is a bosch bypass valve with a vacum refernce on the intake side of the blower and hobbs switch controling a solenoid. The bypass valve has fittings that make it easy to adapt and with proper vacum routing it should allow you to controll boost. If that dosent work drop your car off at our shop and I promise quick boost response and an 80mm turbo that will open up shop on most street cars.J/K or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol. I have thought about gettin a turbo kit. Buddy of mine just got the first kit from a new production kit for the ls1, and it looks to be pretty badass. But I just got the sc, so I'll have to wait at least a little while. I'll look into that bypass valve. The kit already has a bypass valve, but it functions as a bov would if routed pre-blower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts