Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating routing my wastegate back into the exhaust system rather than dumping it to atmosphere. From my thinking and understanding, the pressure in the exhaust pipe will always be lower than what is in the exhaust dump of the gate. I don't want to cause any pressure issues or fluctuations with the gate because that will also have a negative impact on the functionality of it as well.

Anyone chime in here?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Just route it back in more than 6" from the turbo outlet and you'll be fine in most cases.

Some people who have wastegates that are borderline not big enough, have boost creep issues when they dump the gate back into the exhaust.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Is the car super quiet otherwise?

I put dump tubes on my wastegate and while it still makes noise it is really reasonable.

Keep in mind the piping to route to downpipe could give you a headache later.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its fairly quiet when at idle or tooling around, but when I get on it then its starts to get loud. I've run it this way for a while, but I think the sleeper mode is more my style now. I am in the process of putting the engine back in now, and hooking everything back up. I'll set it all back together and then mock up a outlet pipe from the WG to the downpipe, then just take everything off one day and fit it together and put it back on the car. If I can't do it all clean and decent then I may skip it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts