Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people say to get the best boost reference you should drill and tap the charge side of the turbo on an on3 kit. they say its not good for a waste gate to see vacuum at all. But on3 says to use the vacuum tree.

has anyone every hooked up the waste gate to the nipple on the throttle boddy?? its closer to boost reference from no?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
The bottom port on the wastegate should be attached directly to a port on the turbo compressor housing. You may need to drill the turbo. It's supposed to have a port on it anyways. It should never see vaccum

·
Registered
259 Posts
Drill and tap the compressor = void warranty. But there again what doesn't? I ended up going from the compressor to the wastegate. Works very well for my setup. Hint to save you some extra work and maybe an engine down the road, pressure test the wastegate top and bottom port for leaks.

·
Registered
156 Posts

You can run from compressor if you want, but either way make sure to keep the line as short as possible. Also make sure the source is before the t-body as depicted.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've done both with quality gates without problems. But with these gates having tons of problems out of the gate I wouldn't risk putting vacuum to it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
But on3 says to use the vacuum tree.

has anyone every hooked up the waste gate to the nipple on the throttle boddy?? its closer to boost reference from no?

Vac tree would be after the t-body.

I tapped my t-body vent tube and ran 1/4 hard emission line on industrial push lock connectors. So yes, it has been done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts