Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to take my pony to the dealership to reapair some minor stuff with the engine. Something seems to be wrong with the power steering. Anyway will a timing adjuster, pully's and cold air void my warranty. I need to know weather or not I need to take this stuff off before I take it in. I don't want to take it in and they say they can't fix it because of a couple of bolt ons. Thanks for your help.:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Magnuson-Moss warranty act (look it up on google) prohibits a dealer from voiding a warranty due to aftermarket parts, unless he can show that those parts caused the failure.

That said, you will find different dealers will comply/not comply as they see fit. Enforcing this act may require a lawyer. Further, since your problem is with the belt-driven power steering, and you've changed out the pullies, you may, in fact, have caused the problem, or the dealer may see it that way.

There does not seem to ba any uniform policy among dealers, nor even a consistany policy within the same dealership. Its all a crap-shoot, and it stinks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts