Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a set of 15x10" Pro Stars that I run a 26" Drag Radial on...but I am trapping at a higher RPM than I want to. I was looking to switch to a 28"x10" slick to lower that a little.

My question...what does it take to get the tires to fit....do the fenders have to be rolled? Will they rub on the inside? The car has Eibach Drag springs and Mega-bite Jrs...so the ride is lowered some over stock.

Thanks
Corral

·
Registered
368 Posts
They should fit fine. I don't see you having any clearance issues, as mine fit with plenty of room to spare. I have megabite jr's but stock rear springs.

Chad

·
Registered
684 Posts
What are you trapping at?

I am trapping at about 6700-6800 rpms with 4.56 gears and the same 26x10 slicks you have. That is perfect for an N/A Cobra if you ask me.

If you leave the 4.56 gears and go with a 28x10.5 slick, that will be like going back to 4.10's. Wrong way to go faster or ease your mind!!!

If you truly want to run 28" slicks, you must go to 4.88 gears to stay where you are now, N/A. But then, your rpms will still be about the same as they are now and not change anything other than hooking up even better.

Save the 28" for the blower.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trapping right around 111MPH...crossing at right around 6800 or so.

My car peaks on power at 6000-6100 RPM on all my dyno graphs. I have best results shifting the car at 6400 RPM...I really think crossing at 6800 is too high...that I am way out of my power band.

I have a set of 28x10 that some one is going to let me use for free to try...If it is a negative effect on ET..they will come back off...I just don't want to spend the time and money having them mounted if I am going to have to beat the hell out of my fenders and wheel wells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts