Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
<see the bottom two lines for where I'm going with this>
I have an 86 coupe that has a 87-93 front clip on it, and mostly 87-93 black interior. The car has been modified. I will let you decide what you think. Before I forget, I can try to get some pics. I do have some older ones for sure, but newer not so sure. As far as engine mods it is equipped with the following. Griffin aluminum radiator, GT40 upper and lower, 65mm TB and EGR 76mm C&L mass air meter. K&N panel filter, GT40P heads, that have been milled .0036 and a three angle valve job. They are fitted with 1.7 roller rockers. And all crane hardware. The camshaft is a 2031 crane. The bottom end is stock with approx 100,000 miles. The only bottom end mod is a hardened motorsport oil pump shaft. The headers are 1 5/8 Mac equal length full length. It has an off road H-pipe with summit knock off flowmasters with flowmaster LX 2 1/2 polished tips, and in case you were wondering it is really hard to tell the difference in sound. The fuel system has a 255LPH pump and a kirban regulator. The car is fitted with about 600$ worth of autometer gauges etc; The suspension is 4cyl front coils and lakewood 90/10's the rear has 8cy coils, and air bags on both sides. 50/50 shocks, and Mac upper and lower control arms. The trans is a tremmec TKO 5-speed with a steeda triax shifter, a steeda knob, and a firewall adjuster as well. The clutch is a spec stage 1 that is still going strong, and for proof it will set the car sideways on the 3-4 shift. The flywheel is a stock steel flywheel that I bought from a friend that had come out his 93' cobra. As for the differential it is a stock 8.8 housing fitted with Moser 31 spline axles, C-clip eliminators a 31 spline truck unit packed full of clutch discs. And last but not least 3.73 motorsport gears. So all in all I guess I should say the car isn't perfect but is a very strong runner, if you have something close to stock with an automatic for my <wife> I am open to what you have and if you are interested. I will try to attach pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Near terre haute indiana, about 30miles north. I have my reservations about selling I was looking to see if anyone was interested in trading.

Matt

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot something

That picture was taken before I changed out the GT tailpipes for new flowmaster LX polished 2 1/2" tips. And also the Draglites are gone. It now sports a set of gray ponies. The only other visible change is that the center of the hood is painted black. In my opinion the car looks better now with the ponies and such. If I get an updated pic I will put it on.
thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't decide,

the problem is that I don't have another car to get back and forth to work with, and I don't have time to shop around,
thanks,
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts